X-T3 Custom Settings are Horrible!

What I mean exactly are:

1. The "Select Custom Setting" menu item.
  2. "Edit/Save Select Custom Setting" menu item.
  3. The "Save Current Settings" menu item.
  4. The (Q) Quick Mode functionality.

The whole thing is a complete mess!

Is the whole point of this to create up to 7 different screens for quick access to menu items?
I assume you cannot save actual menu settings here.  For example, if Timer shows in the quick access menu, and I set the timer to 2 sec, then I can temporarily use the 2 sec, but if I turn off the camera, then turn it back on, the 2 sec setting changes to off.

Bottom line, I was looking for a way to save ALL of the current camera settings and assign that to a custom user button or menu item.  And this would stick when turning off the camera.

Edited by Nick McCamy

The custom settings are essentially "virtual film types" for JPEG shooters. Raw shooters will have no use for custom settings. [On the cameras that don't have ISO dials -- X-T10/20/30 and X-E2/2S/3 -- the custom settings include ISO settings and, more importantly, auto-ISO configurations. Some Raw shooters might find having multiple auto-ISO configurations useful.]

Because the Fuji uses control knobs for many functions, and there's no notion of PASM modes, exposure controls can't be saved and restored by the camera. This is, to me, the big downside of the direct controls.

It would be nice if Fuji would at least let you set up a number of autofocus configurations. They couldn't control AF-S vs. AF-C, but all of the other AF settings are "soft."

The Q menu is something totally different. It's a control panel that you can bring up with a single button-push that shows how 16 different features are currently configured, and allows you to change their settings directly from that control panel. You get to choose which features appear in the panel and how it's laid out. The Q menu doesn't "save" anything for later -- it changes the current camera settings.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't be nice if the quick menu could be customized to included all the essential camera settings like the exposure triangle, the focus settings, exposure mode, exp compensation so that you can see everything at once in one place and quickly change them before you start to use them. Wouldn't that make life quick easy and simple. Now where's my canon.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought an X-T30 and couldn't set up the Q-Menu either. Then, after a little searching, I found that to change and save the values of the seven Q-menu profiles we need to go to [IQ] [EDIT/CUSTOM SETTINGS].

Edited by js1

Although it was a little awkward at first, now I really like the Q Menu. I have 7 base custom profiles (normal, high contrast, black and white, nocturn, etc.) and if I need to change temporarily any parameter, it's easy to do.

Edited by js1