Kaizen Again? Fuji X-T1 will get another Firmware update this year! (AS) - Which New Features would you like to get?

Patrick FR

2) a quicker way to link the phone via wifi

VITAL! It takes forever as-is and makes me not want to use it, certainly not while someone is with me waiting for me to finish :S

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: Make it so I don't have to re-connect the entire phone-wifi+camerawifi+app-connection every time I change functions in the app! Currently every time you exit a mode like "Remove Control" or "Browse Camera" it disconnects completely and forces you to go through the whole process again: TERRIBLE!

It should keep you "logged in" as long as you are using the app and let you go back and forth, especially since you need to switch back and forth to review the shots you've taken (and can't do it on the camera either). 

Digging deeper, I've discovered the app locks in various settings when you connect it to your phone, most notably the P/A/S/M mode it determines based on the dials that are set on your camera. If the camera is in T mode on the shutter dial then you can control the shutter speed up to 30s, which is vital for night photography, but if you forget to do it before you connect you have to disconnect, set the camera to T, then completely connect again. This is a really bad user experience, and the app should instead let you switch between PASM modes and/or just let you adjust any setting (ss/fstop/iso) without ever having to disconnect+reconnect. 

That said, just fixing the disconnect+reconnect problem would be a good start. 

Make all buttons into configurable function buttons unless it's insane that someone would want it.

Obvious: AF-L, AE-L, Trash

Controversial: View mode (i.e. make "view mode" an option for function buttons and let us skip it/remap it elsewhere)

Related: Make "Auto" switch on X-T10 configurable for other kinds of on/off auto functions than the overwhelming SR Auto feature it has now. I.e. Enable/Disable Face Detection, Zone Focus. Would be great to also have it work for things like ES/MS, Silent mode, Auto-Aperture on XC lenses.

I'd like to see in a new FW:

- Bracketing with more shots (3/5/7) and more EV spread (+-3).

- Preview of blown out or black areas (blinkies). The small histogram is not really useful. The moment I am looking at the finished image (to be) the required data is already available. To aid in ETTR this should also be based on the RAW data rather than on JPG. I do not know of any manufacturer who offers this kind of functionality. A colour option for the blinkies display (just like for the focus peaking) would also be nice.

- I would like to have different Q menus for my C1-C7 presets. I need access to different functions when I am shooting on a tripod, portraits, sports, flash etc. Not all of the settings make equal sense in different situations.

Cheers

Olli

Improve Focus Zoom/Focus Aid behavior!

• When zoomed-in (AF or MF) the up/down/left/right buttons should move the focus point! Right now they do nothing and it would be SO USEFUL :(
  • Allow use of focus peaking in AF mode (you can get it now by enabling AF+MF then twisting the focus ring, but I'd like to be able to turn it on constantly when I want, holding down the command dial in MF changes the default focus aid mode, why not let it do the same in AF?)

Also, if possible, it would be nice to have a sensor mapping facility to detect and conceal sensor spots (stuck, bright or dead pixels) or even extend it to include dust spots etc and remove them from images automatically.

Additionally, for long exposure pictures it may be nice to have the facility to see the image "develop" on screen as the picture is exposed. The shot can then be stopped as soon as the exposure is optimum.

I may be wrong but I think both of these features are avaiable on Olympus cameras.

Make Q button always work, even when moving a focus point or in focus zoom modes where Q button is currently ignored (i.e. you have to push the shutter to exit those modes before you can do anything!). 

Function buttons should also work when in the focus-point-selection and focus-zoom modes, where they are currently ignored. 

Overall: All buttons should work in all modes unless something horrible happens from doing so. The dials work regardless of mode for obvious reasons, but why shouldn't the buttons work the same way. Just exit the mode I'm in (focus-zoom/focus-point-selection) and take me where the button implies. 

This would significantly lower the number of buttons we have to press to change settings and would make switching to the elaborate new AF modes a lot less onerous. 

There are the oldies but goodies in terms of improvements:

- AF speed

- AF-C reliability

and there are a few points people often ask for:

- bracketing improved

- video button programmable

- better battery indicator

- proper TTL&HSS, in combination with a new, top of the line Fuji flash

- digital distance scale in manual focus mode with focus clutch lenses

Another small one for X-T10 (where the video button is programmable) and also X-T10 IF they make it programmable (which they obviously should, good point Marc G.):

Add option to disable the delay on the "video" (red dot) function button or just remove it entirely. Makes the button very frustrating to use and nearly useless because so often I either don't hold it long enough or hold it too long and get into the "reprogram this function button" menu.

I don't know if this is possible via firmware, but I'd like to see an update to the flash system (mostly just support for the speed light's AF assist beam). HSS would be nice, and some triggers that will allow HSS, second curtain, etc.

Shot external flashes while in burst mode (hotshoe or pcsynch)

The auto bracketing should have already been done, but it'd be nice if it were in this one.

Also someone said in the comments on the FR site that it would be nice to embed the © info in camera.  It sounds nice for those that don't use LR, but is there really a benefit to doing it in camera if you already embed in LR?

- Enhanced bracketing (+/- 2-3 stops & 5-7 shots)

- HSS flash compatibility

- Focal length displayed in EVF/LCD

- Better battery indicator ( % remaining )

- Copyright info in Exifs

+1 on the copyright info. I used with all my previous Canons, you only have to update the info via the computer software and it'll be there on all the photos.

Also, I would REALLY LOVE an option where you can decide the ratio of the shoots and preview it, as happens with the 1x1 option. I'm using my X-T1 and X-100s with the 24x65 format and the center of the 3x3 grid is nearly that proportion, but would be easier if the upper and lower part where completely black. I think this couldn't be so difficult, as already exists with the 1x1.

Finally, I would like to have the possibility of configure all the customisable camera buttons from the computer, as with the rest of the options, save it to a file and propagate it in all the X cameras that you own. You can do that last part with the EOS 1 series and was really useful. You set a series of preset parameters on the camera and when you change the type of shooting (i.e, sports and later architecture) you just need to change the preset.