Kaizen Again? Fuji X-T1 will get another Firmware update this year! (AS) - Which New Features would you like to get?

Patrick FR

I don't know if this is possible via firmware, but I'd like to see an update to the flash system (mostly just support for the speed light's AF assist beam). HSS would be nice, and some triggers that will allow HSS, second curtain, etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more specific B&W film stock, too. Even punching up the contrast a bit, I find the Monochrome a bit flat and awkward. I'd love to see something like Tri-X.

Last for me, I wish you could choose to make the AF-L/Instant AF button work like the AF-On that DSLRs have. AF-S is fine as is, but I don't like how with AF-C, you have to use the shutter button for continuous focus. I find I can't shoot and keep focusing, I have to pick my finger up and re initiate focus. With back button AF, you can keep focusing and shoot when you want.

How about +/- 3 stop auto bracketing?  Seriously, I don't see how that could require any more than 5 minutes worth of programming time by their software developers!

+1 to this, I would love the ability to do 5 or 9 +/- 1 Stop increment brackets. As much as I can get around this using the Exp Comp dial I would rather not have to.

Last for me, I wish you could choose to make the AF-L/Instant AF button work like the AF-On that DSLRs have. AF-S is fine as is, but I don't like how with AF-C, you have to use the shutter button for continuous focus. I find I can't shoot and keep focusing, I have to pick my finger up and re initiate focus. With back button AF, you can keep focusing and shoot when you want.

+1 - using this way of back focusing (on a nikon D750) is SO convenient !

Honestly I am loving the camera, I can't really think of anything major that can be done by firmware unless I am wrong. The only two things I can think of are.

1) Better video - I have been led to understand by people far more knowledgable than me that the video issues are related to sensor/processor combo, so unlikely to be resolved by firmware. However if Fuji have found a way to improve this, maybe up bitrate or remove some of the moire that would be awesome but I am not holding my breath.

2) Improve battery life. Lot of features added recently in Firmware v4 that suck battery life, a release that was more efficient in terms of power consumption would be very welcome.

G

well, since the firmware update 4.0, the one that was announced long before it became available and the one which made people salivate for days and days before it finally arrived turned out to be a little less spectacular than we were given the impression that it was going to be, this other one will probably be just some minor correction here and there.

I am not going to be holding my breath about it and this time I will even wait before installing it, just in case it add more problems than it solves.

I don't know if this is possible via firmware, but I'd like to see an update to the flash system (mostly just support for the speed light's AF assist beam). HSS would be nice, and some triggers that will allow HSS, second curtain, etc.

+1 for HSS (i don't know if it's possible). Or make some change so we can use third party (HSS compatible) wireless triggers. 

Hi

I agree with all the things above.

I'll suggest also:

1) a choice whether delete raw+jpeg or only raw (in case of lack of space)

2) a quicker way to link the phone via wifi

3) a consolidated pdf user manual with all the (wellcomed!) past and (more wellcomed!!) future updates

4) in the already perfect raw conversion function:

4.1) the option/case to retain the last options selected to process a new jpeg (then easily overrided by 'reflect shoot condition' if not needed); for istance, because of I'm a newbie, quite often I change film simulations and other parameters (sharpness, highlight and shadow tone, etc) to make a new different jpeg; then I'd like to see, ceteris paribus, what happens with another film simulation (for example or whatever parameter). Now I've to re-change all the other option to do this (and remember them during the process...).

4.2) once the new jpeg is created, before to save it, the option to use focus assist to magnify it to better decide on saving it or not.

Paolo

That's the number 1 thing i want!  AF-L be independent from the shutter button. 

And better battery indicator 

+1 - using this way of back focusing (on a nikon D750) is SO convenient !

This plus better bracketing and I will be a happy camper. I think both can be achieved with the current hardware and the software changes wouldn't be too deep either.

HSS and wireless TTL would be nice but I don't know if the current hardware can support it.