XF23 and XF27: Anyone use both?

shaby

Hi,

I want to ask from ones that using 2 of these to upload (if you have or can take) 1 photo of each to know if it make sence buying also the 23mm
I own the 27 which is good focal length for street BUT the missing aparture ring is a bit downside for me.
So want to check both of them to compare.

B.T.W: what is the most ideal street lens (your private opinion)?

Thanks! 

23 is too wide for me. use it very rarely.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

if lens with aperture ring i prefer 35

but 27 is an absolute choice for the street

Edited by mdm

Whaoo beautiful frames! (espeicially from the 27+35)

Yes, you are so right. for me - as I see from your gr8 pictures, the 35 is really more of A street portrait lens. capture more the the 1..2...3 people and not what happaned at the sides.

From the other hand, the 23mm really captures much more wider part of what going arround.

Am I correct?

If do - sounds to me that the 27mm is sort of A "balance" between the wider 23mm and the "less wider" 35mm.
Is it right?

Thank you!

Edited by shaby

I'm assuming you are talking about more compact, silent, and quick focusing XF 23mm f2 (not the f1.4 one).

Personally I like 27mm because it's super small and that extra angle difference is not critical in most cases. I'm anyway mostly using F2.8 all the time so not missing aperture ring.

I used XF 23mm F2 for some time and like it's quicker and silent operation comparing to XF 27mm, but it didn't make me using it more often than 27mm, it was spending time in shelf and got sold finally. 27mm is my primary lens in wider shooting area.

For me 23 is a sort of landscape lens that let you shoot without bothering about foreground "anchor elements" which you should find when using 18 -16 -14 mm wide angles.
So yes, 27 is a perfect balance for street and if only Fuji make X-100 camera with some 27 f/1.7 .... i'd be sold.

Alirght!
Sounds like bc's I dont like taking photos from A too close spot (too close to the person) And bc's I like to cach also other stuff around the person,
the 27mm is the one that will suite and serve me more!
Atleast hope so...😊 
Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 2:01 PM, Kader2727mosta said:

The 23mm f2 is sharper and silent ,faster AF than the 27mm

even i prefer the 27mm focal length 

Since the post (later on) I bought the 27 and it is A great focal length!
I still dont know what is more ideal to street ...
What I miss in the 27? the aperture ring...If it were aperture ring it was the best fuji's street lens.
Would you replace A good focal legnth bc's the lens does not have aperture ring?

Thanks!

p.s: there are another purposes for the 50-230mm lens other than nature?