Portable solar charging solutions

rsimko

Here's the squid that I use, and here's another one. In both cases, you just plug one end into your USB power bank and an appropriate jack into Wasabi charger. No need for a cigarette lighter plug.

Just put an order in for the first one. Gotta love the name. First I thought "Wow. Kingston is building device so cheap.". Then I realized it's "Kinston".

I have had great luck with the GoalZero products.  They are very durable, easy to set up and many options available.  I use the 3-panel Nomad 20 and a Sherpa 50 power pack.  You simply leave the panel set to the sun during the day attached to the Sherpa 50.  The battery in the Sherpa 50 can either charge your batteries--simply plug in with the regular power plug--or you can plug your charger into the Sherpa while it charges from the sun.  It comes with some adapters, but what is best about the Sherpa is using it's standard A/C plug.  Good luck and travel safe!

• 6 months later...