My adapted lens collection... so far

About 2 months ago I switched from a Canon system to Fuji. I could not be more in love with the Fuji. Anyways one of the biggest things that brought me to Fuji was the ability to adapt lenses so easily. Here is my collection so far:

• Canon 28mm F3.5 FD mount
  • Canon 50mm F1.4 FD mount
  • Mamiya Sekor 50mm F2 M42 mount
  • Super Takumar 50mm F1.4 M42 mount
  • Super Takumar 105mm F2.8 M42 mount

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great. I am aspiring to do the same thing but am currently stuck while being educated on how to work with lens adapters 🙂 This is the group of FD lenses  I have to work with - I’m sure some are better suited than others.

20mm 2.8

50mm 1.4

35-70mm zoom

100mm 4.0 macro

135mm 2.5

100-200 zoom

300mm 5.6

Thanks,

Al

• 4 months later...

Bonjour ,

J' ai essayé le 2 de 28mm, le 2 de 35 mm et d'autres 1. 4 de 50 mm .Ils avaient tous une dominante jaune J'ai  revendus tous ces  ces objectifs Il me reste d'ailleurs un 24 mm dont je souhaite me séparer

.Et un jour j'ai acquis un canon 1.8 de 85 mm SSC et là c'est une pure merveille . Qualité des blancs piqué tout en un....

Les objectifs Konica sont pour  moi les meilleurs 28 24 35 85 100 et bien d'autres . 

Cordialement 

JM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 12:05 PM, mangeon said:

Bonjour ,

J' ai essayé le 2 de 28mm, le 2 de 35 mm et d'autres 1. 4 de 50 mm .Ils avaient tous une dominante jaune J'ai  revendus tous ces  ces objectifs Il me reste d'ailleurs un 24 mm dont je souhaite me séparer

.Et un jour j'ai acquis un canon 1.8 de 85 mm SSC et là c'est une pure merveille . Qualité des blancs piqué tout en un....

Les objectifs Konica sont pour  moi les meilleurs 28 24 35 85 100 et bien d'autres . 

Cordialement 

JM

Yellow tint?  I wonder if coatings change over time?

Yellowing is very common on certain older 'radioactive' glass used by some lens makers. Takumars and early FD lenses were noted for this and it's hard to find a non-yellowed Super-Takumar 50mm f1.4 for example. 

As to lenses, I adapt a mix of newer and older manual focus glass and currently have the following non-AF lenses that get used on my Fuji's to some extent or another:

Laowa 15mm f4 Macro (F mount, modern but manual focus and 1:1 macro)

Nikkor 20mm f2.8 AF (works fine as a manual lens)

Nikkor 24mm f2.8 K non-AI

Neewer 25mm f1.8 MC (rebranded 7Artisans, native Fuji mount but non-electronic)

Nikkor-H 28mm f3.5

Nikkor 35mm f2 AI

Super Takumar 35mm f3.5

Nikkor-S.C 5cm f1.4 LTM (my oldest and most beloved lens)

Nikkor 50mmf 1.8D (like the 20, works fine as a manual lens)

Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5 AI

Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI-S (the famous 'Afghan Girl' lens)

Nikkor 200mm f4 AI 

Nikkor 300mm f4.5 K Ai'd

Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6 AF-D (works just fine as a manual lens)

Nikkor 50-135mm f3.5 AI-S

Vivitar 70-150mm f3.8 MC C/Y mount 

• 5 months later...
On 11/17/2019 at 4:29 PM, Chris B said:

Adapted lenses are all I use for my "personal" work. Love them. These are the ones I use most often on my x-t3, though I have too many to mention here.

Nikon 105mm 1.8

Contax/Zeiss 28mm 2.8

AutoSears 55mm 1.4

Konica AR 35mm f2

"Bokina" 90mm macro

Yashica ML 55mm 1.2

Nikon 300mm f4 AF "d" version

Which adapter are you using for your Nikon lenses? Is it a dumb adapter or with glass?

• 3 weeks later...

What adapters is everyone using? I'm interested in adapting Canon FD lenses (and maybe Canon EF lenses as well) to Fuji X.

There are so many brands and models. Some seem very basic, while others are super expensive such as Metabones Speed Booster models that cost around $600+. 

Also, any bad experiences?

Thank you.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:35 PM, KeithJ said:

What adapters is everyone using? I'm interested in adapting Canon FD lenses (and maybe Canon EF lenses as well) to Fuji X.

There are so many brands and models. Some seem very basic, while others are super expensive such as Metabones Speed Booster models that cost around $600+. 

Also, any bad experiences?

Thank you.

Hi Keith, i use K&F Concept adapters and, for the price, can’t fault them to be honest. There is the tiniest bit of play between adapter and camera in the exakta mount one i have but the others are great. Shipping from China to UK was around 10 days for me (even with covid going on). All dumb adapters so using them is as manual an experience as possible. 

I don’t know if you get an adapter which would allow Canon EF lenses to be used, you’d need the electronics to adjust aperture i assume. They exist for the Sony A7Rii i believe so potentially Fujifilm also. Google is probably your friend for that! 

Only really started acquiring vintage lenses recently so currently have the following:

Konica Hexanon AR 28mm f/3.5, 50mm f/1.7 & 135mm f/2.8

Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 Distagon

Asahi Takumar 55mm f/2

I also have the Samyang 12mm f/2

The feel of the Takumar is unbeaten, it’s so smooth! The Zeiss is close but not quite the same, proper heavy German engineering though. The Hexanons are solid but the aperture rings feel clumsy to me, nice feeling focus though and great image quality. My 50mm actually has a short but deep scratch close to the centre of the front element. Only cost £5 so i thought why not, use it as a trial and buy a good one later. Truth is, i honestly can’t see any effect from the scratch at all in final images! 

The wishlist would probably include a really special 50mm prime and something around 80-90mm, recommendations?!

I had a Nikon ai-s 80-200 f/4 zoom back in the Canon days, it was amazing for a zoom. I believe the Zeiss Contax Vario-Sonnar 80-200 is a great vintage zoom as well for a similar price to the Nikon. 
The Nikon ai-s 20mm performed brilliantly well on my 5D mkii as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have started to collect vintage glass and have spent far too much but love the look and output of these lovely old lenses, plus much cheaper than using the new Fuji lens. My collection:

Canon FD 50mm f1.8

Asahi Super Takumar 50mm f1.8

Jupiter 9 85mm f2

Carl Zeiss Jena MC 135mm f3.5

Vivitar Close Focusing Zoom 70-150mm f3.8

Minolata Rokkor 200mm f3.5

• 1 month later...

I have only K&F adapters, I measured them and they are pretty precise (if they are not exactly flat the lens will be tilted in relation to the sensor resulting in a wrong focus plane.

One problem, with I believe all of the adapters, is light filtering in from the gap between the lens and the adapter itself... maybe also between the body and the adapter. This is an issue you will notice only in long exposure in day light... and it is not a big deal, just cover the lens barrel with a piece of cloth and the problem is gone :)

I have an X-T20 and an X-T10 I only use manual lenses, at the moment I have:

Samyang 12mm f2
Tokina RMC 17mm f3.5
Olympus OM Zuiko 28mm f2.8
Olympus OM Zuiko 28-48mm f4
SMC Takumar 35mm f3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8

Yashica Yashinon DS-M 50 mm f1.7
Industar 61 52mm f2.8
SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8
Helios 44-M 58mm f2
Olympus OM Zuiko 75-150mm f4

Canon nFD 85mm f1.8
Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f3.5 (I dropped this and the barrel is bent sadly... it was a great lens)

I had other lenses in the past but sold them:
Canon nFD 24mm f2.8 (like the 28 Olympus better)

Tokina RMC 28mm f2.8 (almost as good as the Olympus and cheaper)
Tamron Adapt-All 28mm f2.5 (maybe was my sample but not a good lens)
2 Konica Hexanon 50mm f1.7 (I have too many around 50 already and I like the Yashinon better)

Some other I don't recall but probably do not deverve mentioning

Beside quality I developed the search for compact lenses because I like the small X-T20/X-T10 bodies, the Konica Hexanon 40mm is a great lens (besides at 1.8, I do test the lenses with charts) and it is very compact even with the adapter, 40mm is an interesting focal lenght also on a Crop sensor.
My prefered focal lens is 28mm and the Olympos OM Zuiko 28mm 2.8 is a fantastic lens, I also like a lot the two zooms.

From 40mm up I find myself using them less and less, I'm not really a portrait photographer and on a Crop sensor 50mm is, in my opinion already in that ball park :)

I do like a tighter field of view even in landscape (which happens to be what i do the most) but I tend not to bring too many lenses if i have to walk for 6/8 hours.... but I should 

Edited by Paolo Piovesan

• 6 months later...

hello everyone. I too moved from canon system to fuji. Bought the x-s10 recently.

I am currently using the vitrox EF-FX2 adapter to adapt my canon lenses.

I used to adapt M42 lenses to canon EF mount using dumb adapter.

So right now, I am using my M42 lenses on x-s10 using M42 to EF adapter, which is then mounted on the viltrox EF to FXII mount.

Vintage lenses used so far:

1. takumar 55 f1.8

2. takumar 50mm f1.4

3. helios 44-2 58mm

• 1 year later...

I've been using (on manual adaptors):

Olympus Zuiko lenses from my old OM-2's (all later MC variants).

35mm f/2.8

50mm f/1.8

135mm f/3.5

70-140mm f/4

And Nikkors from my old Nikons (last of the AI-S era):

35mm f/2.8 AI-S

50mm f/1.8 AI-S

They are probably not quite up to the standard of my modern Fujifilm XF primes, but they have their place. The Olympus primes give very acceptable results as does the 50mm Nikkor. The Olympus zoom and the 35mm Nikkor are a little soft to be honest and not up to the standard of the others. I have a couple of AF Nikkor zooms (with aperture rings) I tried but manual focusing against the AF motors makes them really difficult hit the focus point, so I only really recommend using the AI or AI-S Nikkor lenses.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:42 AM, tiggyboo said:

20mm 2.8

50mm 1.4

35-70mm zoom

100mm 4.0 macro

135mm 2.5

100-200 zoom

300mm 5.6

It's been a while since you posted, but I just wanted to complement your set of FD lenses. I had the 17 instead of the 20, and the 50 macro instead of the 100, and didn't have the 100-200. But otherwise I had the exact same set. That's a very nice combination indeed.