Fujifilm X100f or X-T3?

Darshada

Hello,

I am new here and I am considering leaving the Leica camera world to enter the Fuji X one.

I am the owner of a digital Leica M with a 28mm and 50mm prime lenses attached to it. After being a Leica owner for many years, I am finally getting tired of the brand for various reasons... I've always had my eye on the Fujifilm X serie and I think I am now ready to take the plunge, but I don't know which one to choose...

I hate to change lenses so I was thinking of buying a x100f or a X-T3 with a XF16-55mm lens attached to it. Yes, the price difference would be a 1000$ one, but coming from a 5000$ body-only camera and 1000$ lenses, this is not such a big deal...

I like the compactness and the simplicity of the X100F, but I wonder if I should go for the more powerful and versatile XT-3. I am mostly doing travel photography backpacker-style in Asia, Eastern/Central Europe, Middle East or Latin America so I like to keep a low-profile.

Also, I was wondering about the difference coming from a Full Frame camera to an ASP-C.

Did anyone have a bad experience?

What are your thoughts/advices? :)

Thank you!

Edited by Darshada

I use both Fuji and Leica and feel they compliment each other well.

I'd recommend getting an X100F to see how you like the system and IQ as the 16-55mm lens is huge and the X100F is the perfect everyday camera in my view.

I don't notice any meaningful difference switching back and forth from FF to APSC. Both sensors and systems are capable of producing amazing photos.

I've kept an M-D 262 and several Leica film bodies and lenses. I thought about selling the M-D but I think I'd miss it too much.

Buy a used one in good condition and test it out. If it doesn't work out, you can resell it with no financial loss.

Thank you for your insight :)

I thought a lot about it since I've created the topic, and I feel like having just one non-interchangeable prime lens would be too limiting for the kind of pictures I am doing.

So I've decided to go for a Fujifilm X-T3, but in the meantime I've thought about maybe waiting for a future x-pro3 since I've never used a EVF before and I feel like I would prefer having the possibility to change between EVF and OVF. Plus it looks like a good compromise between a "traditional" hybrid Fujifilm camera and a rangefinder.

If you're going to sell your Leica gear, get both XT-3 and X100F. I have an X-T2 and an X100F (same sensor and battery).

The EVF on the XT is so good (it's huge compared to the VF on a Pro or X100), I'd bet you'll stick with using it most of the time.

I tried the original X-Pro1 when it came out, but thought it tried to mimic Leica a little too much and decided to use the real thing instead.

Good luck and bon voyage!

I wouldn't really see the interest of owning a X-T3 and a x100f. I don't like having multiple cameras nor switching lenses ^^

I actually miss having a zoom for more versatility and the option to autofocus. The x-pro line looks like a good compromise. It's like having a Leica M but with zoom and autofocus (and weather-sealed body and maybe OIS for the upcoming x-pro3 who knows...) at a fraction of its price and pretentiousness ^^'