X100F: New or Used?

The last new camera I bought for myself was an Olympus E-M10 back in 2014 and every other camera to follow came form forum sellers.

I want to buy a X100F, but not sure if I should buy used or pickup a new one.

That brown one is catching my eye, but have not seen one for sale used.  Which ever one I do get it will be a silver one...

Would like to here your thoughts on this matter..

Thanks for looking..

The brown model seems to be hard to come by. I’ve seen it in stock a few times at keh.com. They regularly have the silver model in stock in a variety of quality levels. I would be worried about purchasing from an unknown eBay or similar vendor. Also, I feel like brown models will command a higher price for being rare.

Other sites like mpb.com have less Fuji gear but I’ve seen it cycle.

Personally, I like the silver models the best. Graphite is a close tie but it’s just not the same. The silver always reminds me of the cameras of the past. And they get attention when I’m striking up a conversation for an unplanned portrait, at least I find.

New v. used... well, right now with new being only USD$1199 (through end of month I think) I’d have to save at least USD$250 to make it worth going used unless it was a very reputable source. I also feel it depends on how much your going to use the camera and plans for reselling. New might offer a better service life or resale value.

I've bought all my Fuji and Leica gear used over the years at great savings with absolutely no regrets.

You should be able to get a lightly used X100F for $8-900 without much trouble.

For example, I picked up a black one with 800 shutter count and a TCL-X100II lens for $1000 last year.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IF the difference is only $200, I’d go with new. But if you look, there are gently used ones available at good prices. I bought a Mint 100F almost unused with box, on eBay for $750. 
Before I spend this much on eBay, I first talk via PM to the seller to see if I get a good feeling.