VPB-XH1 shutter release issue...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot say that I experienced exact same problem. Since I have my tripod (horizontal) plate mounted to the grip, and mostly get the grip out when using my tripod. However, what I can say is this : with the grip connected : the readout of the battery status is very erratic. Some moments you see the status of all 3 batteries. Other moments you only see the onboard camera battery status showing up. I usually have the grip in "booster" mode.  Same thing here : when the battery status of the grip's batteries comes on/goes away, the warning for "booster" mode shows up/goes away.  I hear you say : bad connection. Ok, but this is on a steady camera, sitting still on top of a tripod, nobody touching anything.   

Wouldn't be surprised (not yet tested), if the grip's shutter wouldn't trip, when the battery readout falls out.

What this is telling me, is that I would not rely too much on this VPB grip, as a field solution. It doesn't show reliability as it should.

Yes, I should have sent it back  to Fuji, but I don't know if the error is situated in the connection inside the grip or the camera.

Since I don't want to be without camera for a longer period... I am hesitant.