Gaz55

X-T1 screen protector

GGS Larmor, nice and thick, scratch resistant and does well under the rain.

Very good visibility too and not too reflective under the sun.

I have the same brand for my Nikon 1 AW1 and it has survived several dive trips in the ocean and a fall about 5 feet straight onto the screen.

I have a polycarbonate  ACMAXX 3.0" HARD LCD Screen ARMOR PROTECTOR.

​Not cheap, but cheap, in this case, can turn out to be expensive. Beware! Not all 3” do fit the X-T1 you need one specifically made for this camera or you might end up with a screen protector which also covers part of your image!

I have the GCS Larmor one as well. Be aware, that since it is glass, it can be broken by applying pressure to it. Mine suddenly had a small section smashed I believe by the buckle on my camera strap getting pressed into it. I initially thought I had damaged the screen but it was just the protector.

Mike

I'm using screen protectors from protectionfilms24.com for years, for cameras and other gadgets with screens.  Cheap, clear, and effective against occasional scratches, leave no residues when removed. I don't ask more.

Thanks for all the help I am going to try Vidalog reply had glass before and found corners lift then it gets broken

So will give them a  try and i have not had them before

Thanks again all

Gaz

GGS Larmor, nice and thick, scratch resistant and does well under the rain.

Very good visibility too and not too reflective under the sun.

I have the same brand for my Nikon 1 AW1 and it has survived several dive trips in the ocean and a fall about 5 feet straight onto the screen.

I have them too on my XT1's. Worth their price (€25,00 ish).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By silverhow
      I have an XT1 and absolutely love it. I'm thinking of trading it in for an XT3 - but am wondering if it is worth it. I'm not really interested in movies, and most of the extra you get with the XT3 seems to be in the video area. Also, is the XT3 heavier than the XT1? I really like the light weight of the XT1.
    • By traveltarte
      Recently my XT1 stopped working, when I have a lens attached the lcd screen flashes for 20 seconds and then I get the message "Lens Control Error" on screen and am unable to take any shots. I've tried a few things already (listed at the bottom) and none of these steps have resolved the issue. I've tested it with my 16mm lens and another lens and the error seems to occur with any lens, so I'm sure it's an issue with the body and not the lens. When I remove the lens the error doesn't occur.
      I'm currently travelling in Colombia and according to their designated service centre here (who I'm not entirely sure I trust) I need to have the camera's main board ("tarjeta principal") replaced, for which they're quoting around $150. I just want to be sure that this really is the issue before I shell out the cash to have it fixed.
      Has anyone had this error fixed by Fuji and if so, do you know what element needed to be fixed? 
      Thanks in advance.
      S
      Steps I've already tried:
      Turned the camera on and off; removed the battery for a few mins and replaced; updated the firmware for both the camera and lens; reset the camera to factory default settings; taken the lens on and off; cleaned the copper contact points both on the lens and the body.

• By amirhoseinabedian
      Hello Guys

My name is Amir, I'm a Photographer from Iran.
      I recently Joined this Community because I need your advice or opinion on a situation here.

I'm a film shooter and recently I decided to buy a Fujifilm X Camera. I mainly do Landscapes, along with some portraits and street.

I'm on a tight budget (roughly 1100$) and new Fuji products are very expensive here! (more than their normal price worldwide!) so I'm not in a good financial position to buy a Fuji X-T2...
      But recently I came across two options here. one is a brand new Fujifilm X-T1+18-55 kit lens around 800$ price tag (special offer) and the other one is a used X-T20+18-55 kit lens (roughly 2000 shots) around 950$.

Depending on my needs, which one do you suggest? I'm planning to go with it for a minimum of 3 years so its a crucial choice for me here and also the weather sealing is a real deal breaker for me.

what do you suggest? what should I do?

• By joust1154
      Hi, so I shoot mostly using the LCD, from the hip, and I encountered a program today with my XT1's. Somewhat similar to an old post: https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1948-x-t1-lcd-fails-when-articulated/

But my situation is a little different. When my LCD is completely flush, in the normal position against the body, it will be totally blacked out/looking like it's off. I've cycled the 'viewmode' and nothing has helped. I did a factory reset and updated the firmware. But I believe I have a body-to-LCD ribbon short.

If I pull the LCD away it will work, but only in a limited range. From angled slightly upwards to completely flat facing upwards to the sky. If it's totally parallel with the body to facing downs toward the ground, the LCD will black out/turn off. I can still take photos when it's like this though. 

I'm pretty sure it's a short in the ribbon — if I push the ribbon around very gently, the screen will go on and off. But anyway, I would like to put this problem out there and see if anyone has encountered it before. The camera has seen a lot of use in the last 3 years, but no drops/damage. Luckily the EVF works normally and used XT1s are pretty cheap now. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!
    • By malaladno
      Hello, 
      My shutter has been stuck at 1/500 and I can't change it. I can move the shutter wheel, but shutter in camera doesn't do anything. I have been trying rotating wheel in front but that doesn't help. Anyone got any experience with this ? 
      thanks.