• Similar Content

• By X10_to_X70_to_XA3
      Bought my X-Pro 3 from B & H last November (2019). I haven't even taken it out from the house all this time, so no photo shoots. I rarely power it up. 
      Still on the 1st battery, but a couple weeks ago, I powered it on just to check the status, and it flashed low battery icon, then shut off by itself. 
      I plugged it in last night to charge (odd, that the charge light is green? Thought it would be red until completely charged). Today, the camera wont power on.
      I tried the trick where you remove the battery while the power switch is on, then put the battery back in, but no luck there. 

Dead circuit board? How does a camera crap out when it is never used? 
      Does anyone have any suggestions, other than shipping it in? Do battery chargers work better than the USB cable route?  
       - Thanks.
    • I've tried a number of lens hoods, but they all have the disadvantage of not being able to fit the lens cap when not in use. This one is specifically designed to take the standard lens cap and even has a soft rubber ring to ensure a snug fit. Very nicely made in anodised aluminium. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252370651839?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649 (not connected to seller)
    • Firmware 2.10. Newly formatted sd card. And yes, I've taken a few shots. Menu Set up - Save Data Set-Up - Select Folder - "Create New Folder" is grayed out. So I cannot create a new folder. I'd like to create folders so I can store images by date. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?
    • If I put my X-S10 on a table (or any other stable surface), focus on subject and set an exposure the will require more than 1 second of exposure (doesn't matter how many, just make sure that the desired exposure will be more than 1 second), set a timer for 2 seconds and take a shot and the IBIS is set to mode 2 (Shooting only), the shot comes out completely blurry, just like if I hand held the camera (which I didn't). I repeat the EXACT same steps but this time I set IBIS to mode 1 (Continuous) - shot is tack sharp. Why? I know that IBIS should be disabled if the camera is on a tripod or any other stable surface, my question is why this happens only in mode 2 and not in mode 1 as well?
    • Ah a flick of the 'Auto' lever has fixed it! Why do they have to make things so obscure! If it said in the manual 'ES not available in Auto mode' that would have made life so much easier! Anyway, thanks for your help @Greybeard!