Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use an X-H1. 

Right now there are 4 modes when you press the VIEW MODE button. 

The one I use is EVF + EYE Sensor. It feels right coming from a DSLR and it helps save battery. You can preview photos on the display with the playback button and everything's okay.

But as soon as you want to go to the Main Settings you have to either switch the mode to any other mode (except EVF only) or change the settings using the EVF. Then to go back to EVF + EYE Sensor you have to press the view mode button 4 times. And If you want to go to “live view” that is LCD view, you again have to do the same process. 

It’s annoying. Is there any way to only put 2 options on the View mode button? Just EVF + Eye Sensor and Eye Sensor only?

Or is there anyway to request a firmware update to

• Show playback and settings on LCD while in EVF + Eye sensor mode.

• A one press switch to EYE Sensor and EVF + Eye Sensor mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jjv1990
      I recently bought my xpro3 but I have an issue with the evf when I half press the shutter button, sometimes the screen is glitching with purple or pink  abstract patches on some areas of the evf screen. It happens quickly and disappear after it focus on the subject. It does this when the camera and lens are having trouble with what it focus. And also this happens randomly. I used xf 35mm f1.4 as it is my only lens for now. Anyone had this issue? I havent update my camera yet, since I can't download as they halt the current firmware for now. Please help. 
    • By K PRETHVIRAJ
      Hoping for fujifilm to release tethered shooting for xt-30 soon, for allowing it to use it as a webcam, since webcam mode isn't working. xs-10 was having the same issue which has been fixed by fujifilm 2 days ago through a firmware update, which brought the tethered shooting ability to xs-10 and thus enabling it be used properly as a webcam. since webcam functionality is much needed in today's work lifestyle , really hope that fujifilm address this issue of xt-30, same way they addressed xs-10 , by adding functionality !. so everyone who has xt-30, let's sent feedback to fujifilm, directly or by commenting in the webcam thread in the "xt-30" pages, like we were commenting in xs-10 pages. since fujifilm care about feedback, thus hoping that they will address this quickly. have a nice day !.
    • By dubiouswatermelon
      I recently got an XT20 with the 18-55 kit lens. Today I was trying it out at home, when I found out that when I try to zoom quickly in or out in manual mode, I see a horizontal light appear for a fraction of a second on the EVF. I cannot see this happening on the LCD. This happens only in manual mode, and not auto. This does not happen when recording a video. I am using mechanical shutter. But I don't think this is a shutter issue as I see this white line for a second when zooming quickly. Also I don't see it when I see EVF auto brightness from Auto to manual. The firmware is updated. Also tried zooming outside, I don't see that issue.
      The issue is as described here by another user:

• By EvaWertheimer
      Hi all, I’m new to the forum. I’ve been using my x-t20 for a year now and I am really happy about its capabilities! There is just one little thing that totally annoys me every single time I use this camera. While using the EVF, my nose moves around the focus point, so damn annoying! I can’t find a way to change this, because I rather use the back buttons to move it around. Please please help me out on this one? Looking forward to your replies!
    • Any update on this issue? My xpro3 was purchased earlier this year, still under warranty. But I cannot turn it on at all. After a shoot last Saturday, I left it on its shelf and picked it up to shoot this morning: totally unresponsive. Tried 4 different Fuji batteries all charged. No luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you. 
    • The reply I received from Fuji back a while ago   “Thank you for your patience regarding this issue.     After speaking to our camera service engineers, they told me there is no coating on the new cameras and while the new LCD panels have a similar colour gamut, they are no longer calibrated by the factory in the same way that they used to be.   They believe this changed around the end of 2019 but they weren't sure.  Nothing that should make a black and white image look sepia though, the LCD will be slightly warmer out of the box.   In the same way that most TV screens and monitors are not colour calibrated from the factory, the LCD screens on our cameras are not either and instead have the option to be adjusted manually by the end user to their preference.   I appreciate this is probably not what you are looking for, but this is how the new generation of cameras are made” I tested a GFX50s I store that was traded in. No issues with the lcd - Seems the more money you spend the lcd is then properly calibrated. The lower end cameras under 1K they ain’t.    very sad to see
    • I'm trying to understand the unmarked aperture ring on the K&F Concept lens adapter. I recently purchased the K&F Concept Minolta AF (Sony A) to Fuji X lens adapter to use with my old Minolta AF lenses; specifically the Minolta AF 50mm f1.7-f22. With the adapter installed (Fujifilm X-E2S), the camera does not show the aperture selected; understandably as this is a "dumb" adapter. The combination works very well together and I have no complaints. The adapter has a clicked aperture ring that allows for 9 stops from fully open to fully closed. Would the 9 stops equate to f1.7, f2, f2.8, f4, f5.6, f8, f11, f16, f22 for the Minolta AF 50mm f1.7-f22 lens?   Many Thanks!
    • Welcome here, Charles