27mm is the fuji best lens

antonio

this lens is sharp!  i had to decrease the resolution for it to fit...but zoomed in its razor sharp!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ullmandds

• 1 month later...

I looooooooove the 27mm f/2.8. If it's sunny out, I'm probably out using it :) It's amazing how tiny and versatile it is. Here's one of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Seattle, Washington.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 year later...

- Sluw

I don't have much beef with the 27mm other than its only 'pretty good' rather than exceptional -

Are you confusing maximum aperture with the value of a lens? I cannot think of another reason why you are belittling the xf27.

For a pancake, this lens IS exceptional. The size is absolutely awesome, the IQ and rendering is amazing and the focal length is optimal for many users. Given the low price, this thing is a must own, seldom leaves my camera and I love the output I can get with my xpro!

When I follow the discussion about the xf27, there seem to be quite a number of people who do not own the lens but feel very confident about judging it because of the spec sheet, aperture first. It's about the photos, I say.

But some need the big f/1.4 lenses to feel appreciated and make their photos special..

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

I think it's more of a case of "what are you able do with it", vs. is the 27mm any good.

The '27' is easy to master and does not disappoint.

I wont say how "good" it is, or speak on the build, or the lens cap or the stinking box it came in, it's just an easy lens to get to know. Like a cheap taco, it's just satisfying to use at a good price.

Those quick to poke at it with a stick maybe aren't patient with other Fuji lenses either. They may also be the crowd that thinks they need a full size sensor, and then find out those often have less pixel density than an M43 Olympus Pen.

"Mastering what you have" is typically a better initial practice then hopping around from lens to lens, blaming glass on one's ability, or "inability" to hit the metaphoric side of barn with 16 MP's of gamma...

Great conversation just the same. At least we all shoot Fuji, right? You guys probably hate motorcycles,

my humble apologies......

Some stray pot shots with an XE-1 (does anyone even shoot with those anymore?) and the crappy 27mm.

Horrible, complete lack of color saturation

900 BMW HDR.jpg

Nearly no contrast at all, a bit bland.... snooze...

load me2.jpg

Rotten, worthless bokeh. You can't get bokeh from a 27, forget it. It's crap. Good luck!

test_003.jpg

The pics without any feeling at all, flat, boring, very run of the mill "snaps" at best.

dry-nasty.jpg

Very prone to blowing out the whites, (whoops!) worthless!

fz_mike.jpg

It's not capable of finding focus with both hands and a flashlight.

Especially running around with no flash at an indoor event. Forget it. Just stay home. Buy a Canon!

800c.jpg

As a 'beater" lens, it's ok, but no better than an iPhone 4.

Maybe good enough so you remember where some of the big parts go... but that's it. Not a good lens for anything "expressive",

everything pretty flat, bla-meh....

versed_frame1100.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got a used, but fairly new 27mm today. But this copy is made in the Philippines. Does any of you have this version? And is it as good as the "old" Japanese version?

I also have a Philippine version of the 23mm f/2 that came with my x-e3. This one seems not to be as sharp as the old one. I had borrowed an x-pro2 with a 23mm f/2 for 6 months from a friend. Seemed to be sharper. Not much but noticeable.... (And maybe even only in my head  ;) )

I looooooooove the 27mm f/2.8. If it's sunny out, I'm probably out using it :) It's amazing how tiny and versatile it is. Here's one of the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Seattle, Washington.

I really love this photo of the locks! I used to visit there before I got into photography, and then moved away.