Auto shutterspeed doesn't goes faster than 1/1000sc

Max shutterspeed on the x100f is 1/4000 sec but if I shot iso 200 on a bright day with aperture f/2 and AUTO shutterspeed, it only goes to 1/1000 and the image gets overexposed when it should go higher to get a correct expousure. Why does it stop at 1/1000. I mean I can use the built in ND filer, sure but I shouldn't have to. The other solution is to dial in correct shutter speed manually but I just want to shot with LOW ISO and lets the camera decide shutterspeed for correct expousre it self.

Speeds faster than 1/1000 is not supported at F2 (and AFAIR 1/2000 at F2.2) in X100* lens for mechanical reasons (so, cannot be fixed by firmware, sorry).  And this is exactly the reason why ND filter was introduced.

Edited by monoid

4 hours ago, monoid said:

Speeds faster than 1/1000 is not supported at F2 (and AFAIR 1/2000 at F2.2) in X100* lens for mechanical reasons (so, cannot be fixed by firmware, sorry).  And this is exactly the reason why ND filter was introduced.

Hmm I didn't know that. Well then it's a not a benifit with the ND filter against for example my old X-T2 that can shot up to 1/8000sec @ f/2 (I believe).

Edited by Hermelin

Well, X-T2 cannot sync with flash at 1/8000s or even 1/1000s, while X100 can sync at 1/1000s.

You may use electronic shutter that doesn't depend on F-stop value (but it doesn't work well with flash or moving subjects).

• 7 months later...

Hi,

For f/2 1/4000 try shooting mode M

I made some tests with my XF10 which might have some small parts of the software inherited from the big brothers. 🐵

The flash sync when the mechanical or mechanical shutter + electronic shutter modes are on,  works about this way (flash does not work with plain electronic shutter):

Shooting modes A and S:

f/2.8 1/1000,    f/3.2 1/1250,    f/4 1/2000,   f/7.1  1/2500,   f/8  1/4000

Surprisingly in shooting mode M the flash sync works with all apertures 1/4000 also full open f/2.8 !