Funky color

Loop1

My 2 year old X-T10 has recently started producing an overall reddish tint in all pictures taken in PROGRAM mode and Film Simulation set at Standard. If I switch to AUTO the reddish hue disappears, but I prefer to shoot in Program mode. Color in the shooting menu is set at 0. How do I get back to normal color rendition in program mode?

The "somehow" is almost always due to accidentally pushing the right-arrow button while carrying the camera when it's on. The first push brings up the WB menu, the second push brings up the WB Shift screen, and subsequent pushes move the WB Shift toward the red.

I recommend that you either disable the right-arrow button (choose "None" for its function), or put something on there that won't mess you up if that button gets hit accidentally.

Another thing you might think about doing is to lock the buttons while you're just carrying the camera. Long-press the MENU/OK button to lock or unlock the arrow buttons and Q button.

The X-T30 got rid of the arrow buttons, so it doesn't have this problem, but it's common with the X-T10 and X-T20. The right-arrow button sits right under your thumb when you're holding and carrying the camera (unless you hold and carry the camera in your left hand, like us old-timers do). Grip just a bit too hard -- more likely when carrying than when shooting -- and the button gets clicked.