I have been shooting M 4/3 for 5+ years now an Canon full and crop before that.  I now find myself lusting after the X100 series of cameras by Fuji.  I don't know what it is that has my attention, but I feel its the simplicity of the dial functions and the non-interchangeable lens setup and of course how sexy they are!!!   My main camera is my Pen-F with the 17mm 1.8 mounted which is very close to the same FOV to the X100 cameras...  

I have no plans of jumping the Olympus ship as I'm only interested in this series of camera by Fuji..

If anyone here has jumped from M 4/3 to Fuji please chime in and tell me what you think of the camera. Or anyone else for that matter..

Thank you

I shot with MFT for several years, OMD-EM1 mki & mkii, EM5 and a number of Olympus and Panasonic lenses.  I no longer own this gear and now own several Fuji bodies and lenses, including a X100, and I have owned a X100T in the past. 

I prefer Fuji for IQ, specifically for the improved dynamic range in good light and color rendition over my former MFT gear.  Specific to the X100 series, the simplicity and feel of the controls and dials are very enjoyable (but not as much with the X100F with its incorporation of a touchscreen IMO), but the IQ will be better in the ways mentioned.  The X100 series bodies also feel like premium quality equipment.  What you will miss is IBIS, although the 23mm (35mm FF equivalent) is easy to hand-hold at slow shutter speeds.  The leaf shutter also helps by generating very little vibration.  Capable of much better skin tones, WB, and flash performance with the built-in unit over my MFT experience, too.

The X100S and T models are available used at favorable prices these days.  If they appeal to you, might think of acquiring one to evaluate.  If you don't like it, you will be able to get almost all of your money back.  Chances are that you will be keeping it!

Thanks for posting mma2...  

I've never used the E-M1 bodies, but do enjoy my E-M5 II, Pen-F and E-M10 II the latter I just picked up at part of a lens trade.  I really love the styling of the X100 series cameras as much as I do the Pen-F I have.   Yeah 5 axis IBIS is a very nice option in a body and would be missed...

I found an X100 original going for $300 in outstanding condition so that may not be a bad way to try one out...

Thanks again...

Yes, the X100 can shoot RAW+JPEG, with choices of several JPEG sizes.

Congrats on your X100 purchase!  If you wouldn't mind a few suggestions...First thing to do is to update to the latest firmware version, this resolves a number of issues that you might have read about in old reviews.  Then, take your time in familiarizing yourself with its operation and you are likely to be richly rewarded. 

One tip that I learned from another X100 owner is that you can just half-way press the shutter button in lieu of the "Menu/OK" button in the middle of the Command Dial.  This is useful because my fingers are sometimes too big to hit this button cleanly, sometimes I partially hit one of the other Command Dial controls in this cluster instead.  Another tip is to use the EVF histogram when shooting in bright, contrasty situations.  My experience is that the X100 tends to slightly overexpose in such conditions.  Using the histogram is more accurate and the Exposure Compensation dial will become your friend (and it's a joy to use).  Last, I have been a RAW shooter with my other Fuji cameras, but have found that the X100 produces exceptional JPEGs that are often hard to equal in PPing RAWs (using both Lightroom and Capture One Pro).  That is, when I nail the exposure!  Hence, my constant checking of the EVF histogram.

Hope that this is useful, enjoy your X100!

Thank you for the suggestions...    My Pen-F has the compensation dial in the same location so at least muscle memory will flow over to the x100 for that feature.

I would have liked to pickup a used x100F, but I wanted to give the system a try before going more expensive...  It does seem strange to go backwards in megapixels as we mostly chase them the other direction..  I have watched a ton of you tube videos about it and can't wait to have it in my hands...  

Who knows I may just end up making the jump to Fujifilm from Olympus after using the x100 for a bit.   I have been looking at the X-T1 with a 23mm and 35mm prime setup, but will have to read and watch more to learn what works best together as I know nothing about Fuji...

Thanks again... 

I took it out all day yesterday and I'm sold on it.  What a great little camera...  Where has it been all my life...

The only issue I see is specks and stuff on my pictures when using F/8 and above.  I didn't think that was possible on a fixed lens system...