Sign in to follow this  
her72

in your experience it is better autofocus of the xt-1 over x-e2? and what about the xt-1 against canon 5DMarkIII?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi people!

In your experience it is better autofocus of the xt-1 over x-e2?  and what about the xt-1 against canon 5DMarkIII?

I'm impressed with the optical quality but I Had no good experience with my x-e2 with a 52 1.2 lens autofocus performance.

I'm thinking using my x-e2 in weddings like a back up camera. Im using canon's DLSR, but the fuji autofocus system worry me.

I'm impressed with the weddings examples that I found here, and I would like to try with fuji systems

Between the X-T1 and X-E2, I would say the X-T1 has a slight edge.

Between the 5D3 and X-T1, I would say the 5D3 has a slight edge with some of the EF "L" lenses you attach to the body.

To your question of the X-E2 as back up camera, I think it's very good as a back up.

Which 52 F1.2 lens did you use with your X-E2?

Thanks for your opinion!

I think fuji has very good quality but I worry a little the autofocus system 

And I have to correct, /uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png">  The lens that  I used was the 56mm 1.2 R and I have excellent images with this lens,  but in a event I lost some pictures because the autofocus wasn't enough fast, I had to use manual focus and the pictures than I took were excellent!

It seems the common understanding is that high end DSLRs have a faster AF than the Fuji X-T1. However, this seems not to be longer true, when the DSLR is in live view mode.

See:http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_EOS_5D_Mark_III

I found this when I was looking for a review of the Nikon D750 which has even a tiltable screen. But when you shoot holding the camera ever your head and looking at the tilted screen then you will get a much slower AF than with the X-T1. The D5 III does not even have a tiltable screen.

Of course, this is a very special use case and may not be relevant for you.

I think, at the moment what ever we choose is a compromise in one or the other way.

The X-T1 is a slower AF camera, it really can't not compete against the likes of the 5D Mk3 or any of the Nikon Dx.

Heck, it even lags behind the Sony A6000 (great performer on AF btw). But that was mostly before the FW 4.0 update.

Now, we are still slower but it's no longer so indecent. For comparison, my Nikon 1 AW1 with the 18.5mm F1.8 (50mm equiv) focus much faster in good light than my X-T1 with any of my owned lens. The Nikon 1 is about the same AF speed as the Nikon D3S which is a tad slower than the 5D Mk3 and D4S.

So yeah, not the best for sports and/or fast moving subjects. It does okay with my son when he "pose" for me for half a second but not much more.

For wedding, I used to think that the Fuji X gear would be sub-par for the need, but I have been proven wrong by many of the forum regulars who are wedding shooter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jufoso
      Hi guys, new Fuji-freak here!
      I bought yesterday X-T3 with the 18-55 lens and XF 50-140mm f2.8, both used.
      At first I was really impressed with both of them but soon I figured out that there's something strange with the 50-140 and autofocus. The problem occurs at the maximum 140mm focal lenght. The autofocus can't focus near. It will only work for longer distances (over 4-5 meters) even though the minimum focus distance should be 1 meter. Even a slight zoom out e.g. 138mm will make the autofocus work normally.
      All the settings are in "auto", I'm shooting in single shot mode and autofocus on single point. The problem occurs in every possible setup. Here's a video about the problem (I didn't find my stand so I had to use chair) [ignore the cat meowing] https://youtu.be/g8snv-60DBM
      Has anyone else had the same problem or should I return the lens?
    • By natswright
      I'm new to this camera and was looking for an autofocus subject tracking mode in video, as tracking in stills mode is supported. I've come to fuji cameras from using Canon kit, namely the 70d and M50, both of which supported subject tracking by simply clicking on an object using the touch screen. For example, if you wanted to video a pet running, subject tracking is very advantageous.
      As I understand it, my fuji doesnt support this, except in stills mode. I wonder, do folks here think this is possible with a firmware update? I beleive Sony added similar tracking options to the A6400 this way..

• By yukosteel
      Initial lens review of Viltrox 85mm F1.8 lens on Fujifilm X-T30 camera.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  
    • By Marco34
      Hi , 
      i have a problem with my Xpro2 with 35mm f 1.4 .... 
      I notice a loss of sharpness and i don't know if the camera can't focus because  the viewfinder says it is in focus 
      i  attach 2 photos , one with Xpro 2 and another with H1 ,  to let you understand the problem... here it was  f4  iso 2500 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. shutter 100
    • By davigdor
      My X-T2 autofocuses as expected with my several zoom lenses, but does not autofocus in any mode with my XF 14mm or 23mm primes.  I have two X-T2 bodies, and this is true of both.  Suggestions to attain autofocus with these lenses?
    • Mode B = déclencher et maintenir appuyé pour commencer la prise, relacher quand le temps de pose requis est atteint. Mode T = réglage du temps de pose par la molette arrière.
    • Auto focus definitely better. Image quality should not be visible on real life images. No B&W in camera fine tweaking on the Pro2 nor the latest film simulations. If you shoot RAW and don't need advanced focus modes and fine tuning, Pro2 should be fine.
    • Hi, I'm having some weird issues with the Fringer EF-FX Pro II on my Fuji XT3 and I hope someone can help. When using the adapter with my Canon and Sigma lenses the image on the camera LCD is not showing the correct depth of field for the selected aperture unless I half-press the shutter button. The dof in the image remains wide open unless I half-press the shutter. The exposure of the image is shown correctly and changes accordingly when changing the apertue on the lens, the
    • Follow up... Picked up my camera from the repair shop yesterday. It turns out small particles (rice) got into the camera which jammed the shutter. I enjoy rice but can't figure out how that got into the camera.🤔
    • With so many impressive firmware updates, how does the upgraded X-Pro 2 compare with a new X-Pro 3  in terms of image quality and auto focus usability ? (yes, subjective question) There seem to be a lot of XP2's around looking for a home at attractive prices but I haven't seen a comparison. Dave