AudriusZ

X-T2 AF-C suggestions for moto race?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I have been shooting various sport events since 2003 until 2014 on Canon. Then quit action photography and switched to Fuji for more calm photography. Switching was one of the best decisions I've made! That quality of color and sharpness - it still surprises and makes me happy every day! 

I've been asked to shoot some motorcycle races this season, so googling daily what are the best techniques for Fuji X-T2 because they dramatically differ from Canon. I would like to get some suggestions from You. So here are a couple of questions:

1. Motorcycle straight on at high speed -  which AF Mode  - Single point, Zone or Wide/Tracking is more reliable?  What size of Single point or Zone? Best custom setting for it?

2. Panning - same or different AF Mode is best? Best custom setting?

If it's important what gear I plan to use - it is X-T2 + Battery Grip, 55-200mm, 90mm f/2, 35mm f/2, Samyang 12mm f/2 and 8mm Fisheye.

Thank You all in advance!

Audrius

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FenFotos
      This is the scene on Memorial Day 2020. Masks, quiet, birds singing.... Few people on what is ordinarily a day mobbed with tourists and locals taking to our great park. With music, vendors, artists, bikers, joggers, horses & buggies, and a pond filled with rowboats. Now: this. This image with X-T2, 18-55mm Fuji Lens, Acros-R film emulation.
    • By Frodo007
      Hello there! I am new to this forum and a proud owner of an X-T2.
      Last night I wished to try interval timer shooting to stack some star tracks, so I programmed my gear for 545 1-second exposures each separated by 10 seconds, at ISO 1000.  OIS was off, AF was set to manual with focus set at infinity and aperture also set to manual, at the widest setting for the lens. The body firmware version is 4.30 and the battery was fully charged.

When the shooting was over, I was disappointed to see that only 292 exposures had been taken instead of the 545 I had keyed in.

Anybody have an idea why this happened?
    • By ddlozier@gmail.com
      There has no firmware update since 2018.  One of the touted benefits of fuji is that it continues to upgrade cameras via firmware upgrades.  There have been several for the X-T3 and now the X-T4 has been announced.  Does this mean there will no further upgrades for the X-T2?
    • By boardmda
      Green Iguana shot @ Delray Beach Florida.
      File Name: D:\Fuji\Green-Iguana-1.jpg

X-T2
      1/60 sec
      f/8
      ISO 640
      Metering Mode: Spot
      Focal Length: 400 mm

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • You should rather use the time you have left for more valuable things than to run a YouTube channel. Apart from that, the work is extremely time-consuming and nerve-wracking. If you are seriously interested in videography, I recommend investing in a good video camera and recording for you and your family what moves you the most. It's completely irrational to share anything and everything with the rest of the world, just to impress people you don't know at all. Most of the time it ends with the f
    • Nearly all the images on my website were shot with a Panasonic GX7 and a combination of 25mm f1.7 and an old Olympus 50mm f1.8 manual lens... as for tips and tricks, watch YT and seek out the work of Joshua K Jackson.. I particularly am influenced by his street photography. Good luck Robin
    • It seems the Lcd tint has not been rectified in different bodies.I really thought that Fuji would have seen the amount of complaints with the X-T2 and worked on a resolution.Heres 2 X-T30’s I bought within a month of each other side by side.Totally reset with latest FW and setup from the start and still an lcd yellow tint is present.Warranty exchange needed - even after adjusting lcd color and brightness etc. The EVF and LCD are showing same issue.Ridiculous and a complete pain in the ass.Brough
    • Me needs the GFX 100-200 lens but not at 1999.00, I'd only buy it at 1599.  
    • I just got the X-T10 and this sounds helpful but i can't open the PDF file?