Which Printing Labs Have You Used?

Robin

I have recently tried a different printing lab in the UK with great results, its called DSCL. They have Fujifilm logo on the invoice so presume they use paper ect from them.

I had a 16x16 inch black and white image done on Fine art Portrait white paper and it is superb, a matt finish that has deep blacks and brilliant whites and very thick, it was £11.66 plus vat, the other paper I used for the color prints was Titanium Lustre, similar to a metalic look and that also was perfect for deep popping color, three prints 12x8 inch £17.49 plus vat, the whole order came to £39.76 including £3.99 postage.

I have also used Fujicreate for black and white on photographic paper which were great but not the same deep finish from the other paper mentioned.

For photobooks I use CEWE Photoworld, photographic paper, superb quality and I always have the lie flat pages, not cheap but very good quality for doing a special book of a holiday or project, and any problem and they always re print at no charge, customer service is brilliant, I try to design the book and order when they have an offer on which is a few times a year.

Another printing Lab I have used is Loxley colour in Scotland, pro service, the ordering set up (roes) takes some getting used to but have had large prints 24x16 and 30x10 with fast turnaround and well packaged, a little more expensive.

I've used DSCL before when I shot M43 and the results were great, including a 36"x12" pano. Unfortunately they appear to have since moved to a colour corrected only print service, something that I don't currently have the setup to support.

I have also used Jessops in store (Kingston) which was a mixed bag (one good, one too dark).