X-T2 Drive dial not working

The drive dial on my X-T2 just stopped working, I was using bracketing mode the other day, and i fired it up to do another bracketed shot and nothing happens when I turn the drive dial, it just stays in S. I reset user and shooting settings, did a firmware update, nothing.  Camera is well taken care of, stay in a soft pouch in my backpack or on my desk at home. Can't find anything about this issue online either. My thought is theres a secret lockout mode, or it needs service.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 3:26 AM, MichaeldZiebell said:

The drive dial on my X-T2 just stopped working, I was using bracketing mode the other day, and i fired it up to do another bracketed shot and nothing happens when I turn the drive dial, it just stays in S. I reset user and shooting settings, did a firmware update, nothing.  Camera is well taken care of, stay in a soft pouch in my backpack or on my desk at home. Can't find anything about this issue online either. My thought is theres a secret lockout mode, or it needs service.

Any ideas?

Hello,

This just happened to me. I suspect a hardware malfunction of the dial. Did you have any update on your camera problem?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, aivxvii said:

Hello,

This just happened to me. I suspect a hardware malfunction of the dial. Did you have any update on your camera problem?

Thank you!

Hi!,

I ended up solving the issue, I had been testing out shooting tethered the day before as well, and didn't realize I had the camera set to USB Tether Shooting Fixed, instead of Auto.

When its set to fixed it disables the drive dial as well as access to several menu options, after 3 days of racking my brain i switched it back to auto and it solved my problem.

However before I figured that out, I called Fuji support and they said sometimes the ribbon cable that connects to that dial can come slightly unplugged if its dropped or knocked around, and needs to be re-seated. OR the chip board that controls that dial could have started to go bad. So any of those issues could be your problem. I believe it was going to be pretty reasonable to send it in and re-seat the ribbon, I didn't want to open it up myself. But it was going to be about $350 to have them replace the chip board, the whole thing is one board running across the top plate that controls all the dials.

Hopefully that was helpful and your's is an easy menu fix.