older Fuji X lens

Bogdanflo

Dear all,

Maybe this question was already asked and answered but I can't find anything relevant.

Does any one know if the older Fuji X lens are significantly slower than the new generation of the same lens?

I own a Fuji X-T2 with several lens (XF90mm F2, XF35mm F2, XF18-55mm F2.8-4). I try to keep them all updated with the latest firmware.

Now let's take: XF18-55mm F2.8-4. It is the 1st generation, bought together with A Fuji X-E1. 

1. How slow is it compared to a newer model?
  2. If I upgrade the camera at some point to X-T3/X-T4, will the old lens be a bottleneck?
  3. How can I see when buying new lens, if it's old generation of the new one? 

Thank you all for helping.

Bogdan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What are you shooting?  Does max speed matter?  I shoot the XT1, XT2 and the XH1 with my original lenses from 2012 including the 60mm 2.4, the 35mm 1.4, and the 18-55.  I find them all "fast enough".  I shoot four small grand kids - aged 12 months to 8 years old with ANY of these lenses and I don't have much of a problem.  Yes, I do miss focus every now and then, but for the most part I nail the shots I need.  I use zone focus, 9 points, and away I go.