X-T1 shutter jam

milandro

After many years of use and no serious malfunction. I have had the shutter jammed, locked in its upright position while shooting in continuous mode and fast shutter speed.

Maybe my aging camera wasn’t used to this 👹, after all it is used mostly in single shot, but it locked down ofter 150 shots.

The message to restart camera with on off button appeared a few times and then even that one wasn’t working.

So I enjoyed the rest of the car race and looked at the camera today. The camera was still turning on (but not off) after replacing the battery. It would shoot twice but then the shutter would be jam shut in the upright position. It was not a button problem, it was a shutter jam. So I concluded that this required some old fashioned “ persuasion”.

I slapped the camera with my flat hand on the bottom a couple of times, prior to that I had put the shutter on T. Fortunately the shutter was able to put itself in place and then the T shutter position was now operational.

I am not sure that everything is working fine but preliminary tests show the camera working. I hope the problem won’t come back .

Maybe this will be of some use for fellow X-T1 (or other cameras, I am afraid that this may be more common than most people may think.