X-T100 With Takstar SGC-598 Microphone TROUBLE

Hello all,

My apologies if this is not the correct area to post this, as I am new here.

I am about to pull my hair out, as I can not get the Takstar mic to work with my X-T100. I purchased a 2.5mm / 3.5mm jack adapter on Amazon to plug them together. I tried both sound settings of "Mic" and "Remote" in which "remote" picks up noise from the camera's microphone and the "mic" setting picks up nothing at all, I just hear a white, airy noise and nothing else.

Has anyone encountered this and are there any solutions out there? My head hurts.

Thank you!

Hi AnthonyXT,

Likewise I'm new here too. Only registered because I have the same problem as you do.

The only way I've been able to get my Takstar SGC-598 to work with the X-T100 was to go into the microphone gain level control and turn it either up or down, while the microphone is already connected. Doesn't matter where the current level is. For some reason, the camera "recognizes" the microphone after that's done, and you should be able to see the on-screen L/R meters responding. You'll have to repeat that same procedure every time you finish a video recording or switch on the camera.

It's not a great solution, and my local Fujifilm tech guys have no idea about this problem either, but I hope at least it does help to get the microphone working for you.

Edited by fufi
Clarification on post points.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I figured out the issue, sorry for the late reply but I'm hoping this will help someone as the Takstar SGC-598 is a very popular budget shotgun mic.

I connected the mic to a cheap 12 year old headphone amplifier, which outputs at a different impedance level from the mic, and it worked without needing to adjust the gain control to get it to "recognize" that a mic is attached. So, it seems to be an impedance issue.