Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

My apologies if this is not the correct area to post this, as I am new here.

I am about to pull my hair out, as I can not get the Takstar mic to work with my X-T100. I purchased a 2.5mm / 3.5mm jack adapter on Amazon to plug them together. I tried both sound settings of "Mic" and "Remote" in which "remote" picks up noise from the camera's microphone and the "mic" setting picks up nothing at all, I just hear a white, airy noise and nothing else.

Has anyone encountered this and are there any solutions out there? My head hurts.

Thank you!

Hi AnthonyXT,

Likewise I'm new here too. Only registered because I have the same problem as you do.

The only way I've been able to get my Takstar SGC-598 to work with the X-T100 was to go into the microphone gain level control and turn it either up or down, while the microphone is already connected. Doesn't matter where the current level is. For some reason, the camera "recognizes" the microphone after that's done, and you should be able to see the on-screen L/R meters responding. You'll have to repeat that same procedure every time you finish a video recording or switch on the camera.

It's not a great solution, and my local Fujifilm tech guys have no idea about this problem either, but I hope at least it does help to get the microphone working for you.

Edited by fufi
Clarification on post points.
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I figured out the issue, sorry for the late reply but I'm hoping this will help someone as the Takstar SGC-598 is a very popular budget shotgun mic.

I connected the mic to a cheap 12 year old headphone amplifier, which outputs at a different impedance level from the mic, and it worked without needing to adjust the gain control to get it to "recognize" that a mic is attached. So, it seems to be an impedance issue. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By the3y3guy
      Hi guys, I have a cheap lav mic with a 1/8" cable that isn't producing any audio when plugged in to the XT200.  I played with the mic gain settings in the camera's menu, but still no help. The built-in mic works fine but obviously would like improved audio quality.  Does this camera require a powered microphone to be used instead?  Anything I'm missing something as far as settings go?  Does something need to be turned 'on'? I'm new to the camera game and upgraded from my iPhone, which obviously was working with this mic w/o any problem.  
      Thanks in advance!  
    • By i4jab
      Is there any way I can fix this (PFA). Peak design clip damaged and can't use any tripod anymore. 

• By Nolan1985
      Does anyone know if it’s possible to shoot in Bulb mode with the X-T100? 

when I’ve looked it up I can see it says ‘up to 60 mins’ but I can’t seem to set it past 30 seconds.
      do I need a remote to use bulb mode or is there a way to do it without a remote or using the app maybe?
    • By Silverlotus
      Hello! I was recently given an X-T100 and I've had a lot of fun using it. However, I've decided to branch out into shooting in RAW and I've run into a pretty big issue. I noticed that there is no section dedicated to the X-T100 so I'm wondering where the best place to ask my question would be.
      Just a bit about me--I'm a novice who loves to shoot flowers and other plants. I'm also doing some flat lay work too, mostly of scenes made up from the myriad of other hobbies I have. My previous cameras were all some type of Canon point-and-shoot, the most recent on being a G7X.
    • By jeremyclarke
      I know Fuji cameras are bad at video and you need to be really careful to get anything worth looking at (use a tripod to avoid shake-related jaggies, avoid moiré-inducing textures, use MF to avoid focus hesitation), but I have some things I want to record and so far the ability to use my f/1.4 primes means my X-T10 is still probably the best way to get it done.

Assuming I can record something that looks good, I still need to figure out audio, as the internal mic is obviously just okay, and if my 35mm f/1.4 is ever in AF mode the noise it makes re-adjusting focus is really really loud. 

So what will I need to use an external mic with the X-T10? I know the mic jack is 2.5mm rather than the more common 3.5mm. Has anyone gotten an adapter to work for it? When I look at adapters on Amazon a lot of them specifically mention that the microphone won't work but they are talking about headphone+mic "headsets" rather than e.g. a small lavalier mic plugged in (e.g. http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-107121-2-5mm-Adaptor-Plated/dp/B005KP2AJY/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1441477003&sr=1-7&keywords=2.5mm+3.5mm+microphone ). 

Anyone have an adapter they bought that they know works with Fuji cameras?

In terms of the mic itself I'm leaning towards this Audio Technica lavalier mic because it's pretty cheap, has a long cord and will also work with my iPhone if I want to record sepearately and sync up later. 

http://www.amazon.ca/Audio-Technica-ATR3350IS-Lavalier-Microphone-Smartphones/dp/B00HZA6EJO/ref=pd_cp_267_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0GB9Z66AP2R02AWFTF07

Anyone know a reason why this wouldn't work with my X-T10+an adapter? Advice for a better setup to use with X-T10?

Thanks for any advice about what I should buy, or also any general advice about audio recording on Fuji cameras.