Need advice

claude

I have the opportunity to get some zoom but do not know which is the best for my XP1   the choice is SMC Pentax-M 35-70mm f/2.8-3.5 , Yashica ML Zoom 35-70mm F3.5-4.8  and MINOLTA  MD ZOOM 35-70mm f/3.5 MF MACRO I review about the Minolta and the Pentax but  no much about the Yashica.

Thanks Claude

I've had this lens but gave it to my nephew with on of my Minolta SLR. Frankly, I used it maybe once shooting film and it was ok but I just prefer primes. So from time to time I pair my Fuji with Minolta's 35f1.8 or 58f1.2. Anyway I have dozen of Rokkors and all of them is excelent lenses but mostly I shoot film with them. )

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 6:11 AM, plaidshirts said:

From my experience, old zoom lenses are horrible on digital cameras. In fact, they weren't very good on film cameras either. Unless you get one for next to nothing, I'd stay away.

Well I got the Pentax 35-70 mm and this zoom is far from being horrible.   Well built, sharp  qreat IQ  Here also some review https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-M-35-70mm-F2.8-3.5-Zoom-Lens.html