File Handling

tim14alex

Hi,

Ex Canon Shooter now using XT3's for Weddings.

If anyone could please offer any advice?

I am using 64gb cards when I upload these to Lightroom its a nightmare with file numbers & order & some images on there sides (shot landscape & display in portrait) and because I am using two bodies the file No's are duplicated all sorts of issues, there are even two different files on one card, when the images reach a certain No the camera starts a new file eg 100 to 1001. (think when it reaches 999 images it starts a new folder on the same card)

So far, the only way I can do this is copy the files direct onto my computer's desk top in a folder (Mac) & rename the second file before importing it, then transferring it to LR.

I was hoping someone who shoots large numbers on XT'3's can advise how they set their cameras to handle the files or how they up load to LR.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

i can’t explain the portrait/landscape issue but I can comment on the file handling. I have 2 X-T2 bodies and to differentiate the files I use the “edit file name” feature. I have one called XT2Axxxx and the other XT2Bxxxx so that should solve that.

Go to:

MENU spanner, Save Data Set-Up, Edit File Name

Assuming you are using Continuous file numbering (see below) when your camera clicks through 9999 images and reverts to 0001then you could change the prefix eg XT3C which would then give you 359,974 unique file names for this camera. 

For the issue of file renaming, check that you are using “continuous” frame numbering. This setting is relevant as to whether the camera resets the file numbering scheme when you change memory cards or reformat the current one. By setting Frame No. to “Continuous”, you are telling your camera to: “Number my files in order till you reach 9,999, then start again at “1” – no matter how many times I take my memory card out of the camera or reformat it. Set this to “Renew” though, and you've instructed the camera to: “Start numbering at “1” each time I reformat or insert a new memory card.”. I always use Continuous. 

Go to: 

MENU spanner, Save Data Set-Up, Frame No. 

Hope the above helps. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Welcome to the forum. Here is your image:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

If you copy the link and paste it in to your posting, you will be given the choice of having the link show up as the image (as above) or as just a link that can be clicked. https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52678730517_54489efae3_k.jpg Great photo! Blue Jays are tricky to get good photos like you have, they tend to fly away as soon as the lens cap comes off 😀.
    • I own the Fuji X-T1 and X-H1. I own several Fuji lenses but I tend to use 3rd party vintage manual glass which I find quite enjoyable to use. I'm testing a photo here taken from my Flickr account that showcases the Tokina 100-300mm Zoom lens with 1.4 extender. [url=https://flic.kr/p/2og3ghr][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52678730517_54489efae3_k.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2og3ghr]300mm 1.4 blue jay[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/92395202@N07/]frankweiser[/url], on Flickr
    • Forgot to mention another thing. Mine does not work if I plug the USB cord into a USB hub. It only works if I plug the cord into one of the USB ports on my computer itself (an iMac). This surprises me because I think there's a hub built into the computer itself, which is how the computer has multiple USB ports in the first place. I think it was somebody here that suggested I try that -- sorry I don't remember who!
    • On another forum someone suggested spraying some electrical contact cleaner into the wheel but the Fuji tech said that could risk frying the rest of the cameras electrical so I haven't tried that.
    • I have an x100VI with 1.01 firmware - did a reset already and didnt solve issue I am about to describe. Can you all see if your camera does this: Switch to C mode, step down to f16 and then press shutter half way. Does your screen go dark? I have tried playing will all settings (have had the following so quite familiar with the menus: x100, x100f, XT-2, X-Pro 2, XT-3) , only happens in C mode. If you find this can you report to Fuji @ digitalinfo@fujifilm.com. They told me they had not seen this before and that it was normal behavior because the shutter is closing, but the shutter closes in S mode as well.