Need some faster glass

Hey guys, new to this forum.

I have (2) XT3's that I use for photo and video. Mostly video oriented. Been doing some live events and weddings lately with them and they work really really well. 

One thing that has been on my mind, has been faster glass. I came from a Sony system with really fast glass. FF with 1.4 or 1.8 all around. Now I love the video and ergonomics so much better but wish I didn't have to pump the ISO up so much during the receptions or during the lulls of an event.

So my main question is this. Is the AF on the 35f1.4 that bad? Everywhere I look its people saying how bad the AF is. And with most of these events, I do need AF. If I didn't, I know there is some new cine glass from SLRMagic that is T1.3 that fits, but for live shows and weddings, a fully manual system just wouldn't work super great.

So I guess my question is whether I go with the 35f1.4 or adapt an EF or go full manual (which in that case I have plenty of options)

Thoughts?