Small lenses wanted for GFX cameras besides 50/3.5

algrove

I have told my local dealer I want the 50/3.5 once out, but I feel there still is a large gap between the current 45mm and 23mm prime lenses. Perhaps a small 30mm would be optimal since it equates to a 24mm lens on FF cameras.  I have tended to use 24mm lenses on many different systems with success including the XT-2 where the 16/1.4 was a much appreciated lens and is a 24mm FF equivalent lens.

• 10 months later...

Hi there,

I own Fuji GFX50S and 63mm f2.8 lense. I found this combination is very good for my photography. However not for portrait, since GF 110mm f2 would be the choice. Since this lense is relatively expensive, I have tried to adopt Canon and Nikon FF lenses by Adapter. Some of wide aperture FF lenses (f1.4 - f1.8) I found work just fine in Fuji GFX and resulted in good quality and bokeh pictures and very minimal vingetting. My question is, other than Autofocus capability of the native Fuji GF lenses, what is the main difference would it make if, let say, we use native Fuji GF 110mm f2 lense compared to adapted 85mm f1.4 FF lense. Does anybody have experience or could provide answers to this. Sharing your experience and answers are highly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I own the 50R with the 32-64 (Amazing) and the 45 2.8 (even more amazing).  I just started using my older Minolta lenses such as my 58 1.4, and especially my 135 2.8 (which on the 50r makes it a 105mm lens) and so far I must say it's pretty decent.  Are the images GFX quality?  Heck no, but it's not too shabby.  

I have/had been using my Minolta glass on my X-E1, and all my subsequent cameras.  I honestly didn't think it would work on the 50r well at all, but it's not bad.

Once I've done further testing I'll report back.

J

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/18/2021 at 4:55 PM, SPB said:

Small and very light is coming in November in Switzerland GF 35-70. Albeit with no aperture ring, so I have to see if that feels good in my hand and performs as well as the 30mm. If so I shall be buying the zoom.

No zoom for me. If I do get a 3rd lens it will be the 30mm. The 50mm is terrific and the 80mm wonderful.