MegaGear Case for X-T1 + 18-55mm

Hi,

does anyone ever bought or tried the MegaGear Case for X-T1 + 18-55m?

http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00KIN8ON4/ref=s9_wish_gw_d36_g23_i5?ie=UTF8&colid=1A3MQJKMF3SUS&coliid=I39SPRYBPTA0JB&pf_rd_m=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=176SDC6PCJANEWT5J12N&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577208427&pf_rd_i=desktop

I was thinking about that because it seems really minimal and robust for the X-T1 kit setup. I excluded half cases, because I like that the lens is fully protected within the camera body. The only concern could be the front lens cover that would be hanging when you want to keep the camera ready around your neck, but I think it could be removed during the shooting.

Any opinions?

The new version of the “ Ever ready case “ which in the past was called the “ Never ready case” ( when it was provided as standard with all cameras and almost no one ever used them)

This is one of the so many Chinese PU covers ( made of very thin leather on a synthetic material), there are identical but cheaper ones too around.

(If you look on Aliexpress you will find hundreds and if you buy one for less than €20, including shipment, you won’t pay any customs when it gets to you in Italy)

Yes, the top certainly can be removed and then you will be standing there with this thing in your hands not knowing where to put it while you are supposed to be shooting.

Also the lower part of the case arrangement offers NO access to batteries or card, while offering only a minimum of impact protection.

If you must have some for of protection for your camera with one lens alone, you are probably better off with some for of “ holster” hanging off a strap or if you prefer (I don’t) on the side somehow (there are many solutions).

Take a look at this LINK ( click on the L)  amazon of course at the bottom of this specific product there are many more alternatives.

The holster ( you can have it hanging off the neck or the side) makes you keep the camera body in it and you extract it to shoot ( you can practice being your “ drawing”, the fastest in Tuscany!  ^_^ ), then you put it back in there after using..

there are really many, mostly inexpensive, of those holsters on the market, in all sorts of materials and colors, from conspicuous to relatively inconspicuous.

Personally, even if you are going around with the sole body and zoom, there are very good things to be said about small bags ( I prefer real leather for example ).

You may have an holster ( many types really) with a belt on the hip and inside a camera with only a wrist strap. I don’t generally like wrist straps to carry cameras all the time but in this configuration I can understand its use and comfort.

I also don’t like to carry an unprotected camera around as some folks do with their across the chest slings or spider holsters.

If I were to carry a camera like that I would prefer something closed and then a wrist strap inside or one of those straps which go as a sort of glove around your hand.