1. IS Shortcut
2. Focal Length in Information Display
3. Y Axis Level Indicator
4. Multiple Exposures >2
For my purposes, the FujiFilm X-E3 is the most near perfect system on the market. Note that I said "near perfect". I very carefully made my body selection based on feature set and minimalism. The optimal ergonomics was icing on the cake. No other Fujifilm camera body could make me as happy as the X-E3.
That doesn't mean I don't think it could be just a little better, and rather than feeling the need of a different camera, I am hopeful for a modestly improved firmware as noted below.
1. IS Shortcut - There is no option to create a shortcut to turn off Image Stabilization via Fn, T-Fn, Q Menu, or MyMenu. XC lenses have no external switch to turn off IS (such as the XF lenses do), so the user must dive into the menu for this. Users who frequently go on and off the tripod currently must make that menu dive each time. As such a user, I would be very grateful for the ability to make such a shortcut.
2. Focal Length in Information Display - This would be helpful to zoom lens users. This information is available in exif, so I assume it can be polled for display.
3. Y Axis Level Indicator - Could be useful for scientific, engineering, or documentary purposes. I've grown so fond of the X Axis indicator, I can't imagine ever being without it again.
4. Multiple Exposures >2 - Fujifilm have done such an amazing job of maintaining the classic features we enjoyed back in the day. As I recall, however, every camera on which I could perform multiple exposures could perform multiple-multiple-exposures. I'd have no problem holding the photographer responsible for the exposure, but a photo with five or six exposures (without software sorcery) is still something I'd like to do on the X-E3.
And that's it. These four features gets the X-E3 as close to perfection as I can imagine on it's current hardware base. And I can make a better case for keeping the X-E3 an X-E3 than evolving to an X-E4 (hint: any further hardware feature or feature that appears on other bodies are not "minimalist", which is something that holds high value for me.)
Thanks for any consideration, and I'm pulling for you, Fujifilm.
I bought my X-Pro2 in June, 2016, and I have never updated the firmware. I want to get to the latest firmware. Is the latest version (v5.00, I believe) comprehensive, and upgrade directly to that version, or do I need to load each past firmware version in order and individually? Thanks for any help you can offer!
friends, I just read on the fuji site that 4.01 is a roll back to 3.0 and now I cant shoot f-log in camera. I shoot drone in two days and I promised 4k f log to the director and dp. I don't have time to source an external 4k recorder. I could use a .dat of the 4.0 but cant find it anywhere. can someone post a copy. I just chatted with a xt2 4.0 f-log shooter on instagram and he's not having any problems - running 4.0 is a risk im willing to take. let me know if you have and can post a copy.
Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
if I'm using an external recorder, sometimes I may want to make a long take and I'd like to turn off both the LCD display and the Viewfinder, both to reduce stress and to save energy.
With the view button it only cycles between having the LCD or the Viewfinder running.
Do you know if there is a way to just turn off both of them?
I think this is a good starting point to begin with C1 https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12/Organizing-Photos/Working-with-Catalogs
You may drop the question regarding h/w acceleraration issue to P1 tech support on that site as well.
Hi all, I recently upgraded my X100S to the X100F but then found it's RAW files aren't compatible with my Lightroom 5... So i installed the free Capture One (20.0.4) Express for Fujifilm last night but when i try to import to it, it doesn't recognize RAW or Jpeg...it says there's nothing to import when they're clearly there in the folder i'm pointing to. I checked and it's definitely the Fujifilm version of Capture Express. The one thing i did notice is the when i open Capture up it says near