Firmware Problem

Rickinadia

Hi , This is the first time on this site.

I have a problem downloading the latest firmware onto my X T3. After I drag and drop the firmware on to my memory card, reinstall it back into the camera I get a message saying , Firmware not found in slot 1 turn off camera. If I down load using the phone app. After pairing the camera with the phone and downloading the file onto the phone. I get a message saying camera is processing try later. After trying both these methods dozens of times without success I'm stuck, please help.

Cheers Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to format the SD card within the camera first. Remove the card and use a USB reader to connect the SD card to the computer. With your computer, download and copy the FWUPxxxx.dat file into the root directory of the card. The camera should find it there during the firmware update. 

Note the instructions on the Fuji firmware site:

"Check if there is no file with the same name in a destination of the firmware to save.
If there is file with the same name, a browser can automatically change the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera cannot recognize the firmware correctly with a changed name like that."

The firmware file name should be FWUP0019.DAT and it should be 48,914 KB in size.

• 4 years later...

Yah same problem with my XT3. Following the procedure and then. the camera says Firmware not found so I reformat the card and try again and same same. If I try open the FWUP file on my computer it opens a youtube homepage of some sort. guess I was expecting to see some code. this is strange right?