Low Ciontrast -Washed out EVF

photobob

When I first got my XT-2 one of the things I complained about was the higher contrast in the EVF . After a while I got use to it and realized the exposed file would look great.

Today I was shooting a event indoors ISO 8000 and the contrast all of a sudden was too low. When I reviewed the image on the rear display it looks fine.

I had accidentally changed the white balance  to Underwater, but that wasn't the problem. When I corrected it nothing changed in the viewfinder. 

I was shooting with the 55 - 200 and I forgot my lens hood. I suspected the overhead fluorescents could be the issue but when I switched to the  18 -55 the image  still looked like I was looking through dirty glasses (I was )  but that was not the issue. 

I was shooting during the day , outside, and it was bright & sunny here in Arizona . Everything looked fine

I searched the menu to find if I may have accidentally changed a setting but the EVF brightness was still set on Auto. I did try setting it manually but the image still looked flat. I could not find a setting for contrast.

Any suggestions ?  I'm writing this at night and have not checked the daylight contrast since it was OK this morning (BTW the underwater White balance setting had a nice look to it)

Thanks in advance for help...… Bob

Thanks Sharkey4711,

Confession; By the time I finished the post it seemed like the problem cleared up...…… I did not know what I did ,if anything, to resolve it.

Today I was shooting under the exact same conditions and before the shoot I cleaned the UV filter, that I keep on the camera. All worked fine except I did something else to the camera.

I usually shoot with no review (chimping) with only the EVF & eye sensor. I occasionally will push the rear screen review button and check the image, but tonight the screen remained blank and the review was only shown in the EVF. Again this had never happened before, so I changed the view mode and looked for something I could have accidentally switched. Nothing was obvious but after toggling a few menu items things came back to normal...….. I have no Idea what I did to cause or correct it.

In one of my first post , I listed what I did not like about the X-T2 and one was the many settings. But as was suggested in the replies, I would learn them as I used the camera. And that was right. After  a year and a half I have found most of my control errors are caused by accidentally moving a dial, and I recover quickly. 

Still love this camera.