Fuji Medium Format Film Cameras- lens conversions

Jonathan

Hi folks,

I know this is predominantly for digital 'X' users, but a thought occurred to me that with the recent release of a brace of lens conversions for the x100 series Fuji could, technically at least, market a similar lens conversion system for the magnificent Fuji GF670 series of film cameras.

Would there be any appetite, or any reason why a 50mm equivalent conversion lens could not be made?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Perfectly possible but not much customer base and those who do still use this camera would be worried about image quality. If you are forked out for the quality of a GF670 and are still using it, you need the best image quality possible. Unlikely that anyone would trust a convertor even if Fuji could make a perfect one.

Perfectly possible but not much customer base and those who do still use this camera would be worried about image quality. If you are forked out for the quality of a GF670 and are still using it, you need the best image quality possible. Unlikely that anyone would trust a convertor even if Fuji could make a perfect one.

Ah, good point, the MF negative size would maybe be more demanding than that of aps-c-sized camera sensors and make building a lens converter that much more difficult (and expemsive).

Cheers,

Jonathan

I do like the idea of lens conversion for the GF670, but like you said I would be concerned about the image quality dropping. I do love the huge high quality negs from mine.

On another note, nice to see some fellow film shooters on this forum! :)