Bloodletting for the 80mm and an Age Old Quandry

Splodger

I own five five lenses and they are all primes:

Samyang 12mm, Fuji 23, 35 and 50mm f/2s and the Samyang 85mm f/1.4

I’m going to buy the XF 80mm f/2.8 macro, but I need to cover the cost by selling glass that I already own. I should be able to get a good used 80mm for about $750. I’m keeping the 12mm. The 85mm is already on eBay and should net me about $150. That means two Fujinons are for the chopping block. Each should net me about $300 a piece, and that should cover it. 

I’m pretty sure I’m going to ditch the 50mm. That leaves cutting either the 23mm or the 35mm. 

The thing is, I’m not that freaked about it. The idea of only having three lenses; a wide, a normal and a macro/telephoto, really appeals to me. 

We’ve all had or read about this quandry. There are endless articles and discussions about it. But, bearing in mind the lenses which will bookend this choice, do I keep the 23(35)mm lens or the 35(50)mm one?

I’m leaning towards keeping the XF 35mm f/2. 

Within these parameters, what would you do?

I'd keep the 35. The 23 is closer to the 12. Having said this, I owned both and while the 23 was simply great, the 35 wasn't at all. However you should always try at least two samples of the same lens because not one is identical to the other.

I decided on selling the 23. I like the 35 as much as the 23 and I never used the 50 that much. So, they are all posted online and when the 80 arrives, I'll have just three - the 12, the 35 and the 80. A good spread I think. 

Thanks for your input.