H1 v Xt3

Press Pics

I recently had some ongoing issues with my X-T3 so sent cameras back to Fujifilm. In the mean time I was lent by Cambrian Photography in Wales who I can't recommend highly enough an H1. 

H1 first impressions.

I loved the shutte release, feather light, loved the weight. feel, shutter button position, lack of light comp dial. So for other thanthe IBIS and shutter release what are peoples views on the X-T3 v H1. Forget the video as I dont use the video facility very much. 

So the question is why would I keep the X-T3s and not go for the H1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I own an X-H1; recently bought.

I've used the X-T3 and coming from a DSLR I didn't get along with the ergonomics. It's okay-ish when you're shooting (not great of a grip) but when you're out and about, walking just holding the camera in one hand, it's not comfortable (at least for me).

X-T3 has

• Better autofocus, Eye-AF in continuous AF.
  • Newer sensor, and processor.
  • High-speed shooting.
  • More resolution (2 megapixels if you care about such things).

compared to the X-H1 which has

• Better Ergonomics, and will balance out heavy lenses.
  • Better rugged build.
  • IBIS (it's useful in photography too).
  • With the battery grip, it feels like one solid piece (like a pro body should).

X-T3 is a better camera overall. Just the autofocus alone can be a reason to buy that.

X-H1 is more like a personal thing. If you want those ergonomics. And if you care about IBIS.

Don't get me wrong. It is a really capable camera. Will probably outperform any regular (Not pro like the D5, 1DXii) DSLRs. But compared to the X-T3 it has a slightly inferior Autofocus system. And can't shoot insane 30fps Stills.