Fujifilm will launch the first X series camera with 1” sensor in about 3 months (Anonymous Source)

Patrick FR

so you are talking about a X camera with a 1” sensor?

12,80mm x 9,60mm ( approximately half the size of the X trans which is 23.6 x 15.6mm)

​I don’t understand the advantage of this other than it would be a camera for a completely different client than the Fujifilm X system has at the moment.

To me, if anything, the Fuji X system involvement is showing that the brand is moving away from that kind of market segment completely!

If this were an X-30 type camera as opposed to an X-S1 type camera I would be interested. I have the RX100 (original version) and am looking to replace it. Right now, replacing the RX100 with any of Fuji's fixed zoom compacts would be backward step for me, but if Fuji came out with a serious RX100 competitor I would definitely be looking at it. 

If this were an X-30 type camera as opposed to an X-S1 type camera I would be interested. I have the RX100 (original version) and am looking to replace it. Right now, replacing the RX100 with any of Fuji's fixed zoom compacts would be backward step for me, but if Fuji came out with a serious RX100 competitor I would definitely be looking at it.

Agreed. I'd love to see an X30 variant, even with a fixed or reduced focal range to help keep size down.

It's funny seeing some people complain about Fuji not catering enough to the high end market. Then they release fast WR primes and pro zooms, and people complain about the price and/or size. Same with complaints about lenses being too big, and complaints about the APS-C sensor. Looks like they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. ;)

This is an early rumour of course.  But only a few months ago the Fuji suits were spinning a move away from no profit compacts to focus on the bigger dollar end.

Full frame please. Two, right away.  Might even get an end of line Sony A7 to see how it goes.

The current RX100 goes for $850. I suspect Sony are making plenty of profit on these type of high end compacts as could Fuji.

I have the XS1 & X A1 and would buy an updated XS2 with faster auto-focus = imho the XS1 is a great all in one camera for travel in Africa ( & other spots )  and without a long lens the system cameras do not replace it = would love to take pictures of birds in flight = when I tried the HS50EXR the birds were no closer when you compared the photos with those of the XS1

there is indeed a place in the market for WR camera with a fixed zoom for all those who have limited specific requirements covered by an all purpose zoom lens. People that are going to go through dusty places on earth while on holiday, but this will be falling into the most dangerous category of a camera made for a niche market which can so easily fall flat on its face loosing lots of money while Fuji is doing so well doing what they are doing.

you are so right about how dusty a camera gets after a day on dirt roads, but it can be addition to rather than instead of system cameras - let fuji judge what they can turn a coin on - they are well into other niche markets and a better super-zoom than the XS1 would blow a lot of DSLRs out - I used a 500 sigma with nikon body from Pangolin Photo Safari in Botswana and I just could not carry that gear around the world - and few safari companies are out there that lend you gear! I really like my 50mm lens & X-A1 but they are for a different job!

I like the concept of the weather resistant FinePix S1. A nice tool for the dirty jobs. Never understood the X-S1. But a weather resistant X-S2 with 1" X-Trans sensor could be desirable. 

If one considers the x series as a quality mark rather than a particular mount or sensor, examine the marque and a long lens is missing, simplistically putting the XT10 behind a XC 50 - 230 or XF zoom with a 1in sensor you then get equiv. +/- 600mm to replace the XS1, just means carrying 2 cameras, 1 long zoom & 1 short zoom which is now a viable option, rather than 1 and a bag full of lenses, and how many photographers go out with 2 now anyway = just a thought!

short of having a crystal ball, as for the majority of the all too popular guesses and “ rumors” which started this forum after all, we will only know it when we get there.

I’ve never been a part of a community more prone to discuss things that aren’t there and that, in some case, will never be there.

short of having a crystal ball, as for the majority of the all too popular guesses and “ rumors” which started this forum after all, we will only know it when we get there.

I’ve never been a part of a community more prone to discuss things that aren’t there and that, in some case, will never be there.

So, to ask the obvious question, why are you here?

So could I suggest that you do as I do and simply ignore the stuff you don't like? Whether you like it our not lots of people do like speculating and dreaming about camera gear still to come. As you noted, this forum has its origins in a camera rumour site so out should come as no surprise that it is even more common here. If you're not interested,or you think it's pointless, why not just ignore it?

Good Evening,

Sensors are always an interesting subject,

the 1 in is twice the area of the XS1 2/3 & about  1/3 of the size of the APS-C

3 yrs younger than the XS1 performance / area would be expected to be better

and then you have to think of the size of lens that you have to front the camera with to gain the 600 odd equivalent mm 

Its not going to be small !

The XS1 comes in at about a kg

most interesting

and IQ for me is not the problem - I often print to A3 but no bigger and they are not for looking at with a looking glass but to be slapped on the wall behind glass

the faster auto focus - better manual focus - higher low light sensitivity - they would be higher on the agenda

quite prepared then to carry two cameras - never fancy to swop  lens in the field - if the wide angle is not sufficient

too much can go wrong!

it may be a stop gap until Fuji Perfect the long lens for the XT Series

each to their own

David

It would seem weird from Fuji to be working on an 1" sensor camera body, specially considering that they finally made some net income last year, 2015 prevision seems rather good also.

Logical thinking would be to first stabilize the income and then tackle new products, specially since the 1" marke is rather filled with bridge camera where Nikon is nailing it with the P900 and the Nikon 1 being quite a decent competitor in that sensor size area.