As far as I know, since firmware v 2.0, nobody has reported the lock-up problem. I imagine, like me, you've been attracted by the amazing price cut in the supposedly 'flagship' camera. I trust that Fuji will iron out the problems in the months ahead. Having said that, the camera hit the shops long before it was ready for use and I fear the reputation of the X-H1 has been crippled. Early, reviews were overwhelmingly negative. A rare 'own goal' from Fuji.

Yes I’ve checked the firmware v 2.0, and I don’t think it mentioned anything about the lock-up problem!And yes I have been attracted by the amazing price. I’m not a great video fan but love the ergonomics, IBIS, Tilt screen and the Top plate LCD panel etc. etc, Pity about the poor battery performance! I have the XPro 2 which I love and I’m going to have another look at the X-H1 Thanks for your observations,

Regards, Robrac.

I have the X-H1, with grip and latest firmware, and it froze on me a fortnight ago. Nothing critical - just taking some pics of my new granddaughter at a family lunch. I unscrewed the grip, screwed it back on and everything was fine. Don't know if I would be so sanguine had I been shooting something mission critical for a client - like 'the kiss' at a wedding! 

It's still a very good camera with a terrific shutter and ergonomics. Is it as good as the X-T3, which I also have? Horses for courses - on the H1, IBIS - good for low light and non-OIS lenses - excellent handling, more robust, the shutter which I have mentioned - on the T3, faster AF-C, better video. If I had to choose one? I'd go with the X-T3. 

Good luck with your decision!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an X-H1 since last October. I've used it both with and without the booster grip and with the 16-55mm, 10-24mm, 80mm Macro and 100-400mm lenses.

I'm no pro, simply a hobbyist but I do tend to knock out a lot of images, especially wildlife (birds in flight) and motorsport (so plenty of Continuous High frame rate).

I've kept the Camera updated with the latest firmware as and when it is released and I can honestly say that the camera freezing in operation hasn’t ever been an issue on my copy. 

Loving the camera! I upgraded from the X-T2 and with hands like shovels the X-H1 feels great in my hand, excellent ergonomics (for me) and I especially like the feather-touch shutter release and silky quiet shutter mechanism.

I appreciate the IBIS with the 16-55mm lens, gaining some great lower light shots with a decent shutter speed.

My one issue is autofocus hunting and inaccuracy with the 80mm Marco lens and near subjects. Not too much of a problem because most of that work is done on manual focus or with focus bracketing. When focused properly the lens is tack-sharp and the images stunning!

Edited by CAX

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a refurb from the Fuji store. I had no intention of buying an X-H1 but at £799 with grip and 3 batteries I couldn't resist, I also re-bought an 16-55mm f2.8. Its a wonderful combo, I'd not heard of the lock up issue, but last week while taking some test shots, the camera froze, but a power off and on brought it back. I'm running f/w 2.0 I must update to 2.01