Lens control error

Anubhab ghosh

I brought this camera about 4 days a go, Nd suddenly I got this, this error yesterday. This was a bad experience after buying a new Fujifilm...😒

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Anubhab ghosh
Typing mistake

I'd try to factory reset camera, and re-connect lens after that. Also some new cameras may have still old firmware, it's good idea to dowload latest firmware versions from Fuji site and install. The issue definitely looks like camera fails to recognize the lens, so I'd try to update camera firmware first and see if that helps.

Try to clean the metall contacts of the lens with isopropyl alcohol, with a little sweep ( wattenstokje in het Nederlands ).

about the “little sweep “ i am a dutch Guy and i dont know how to call it in english. 

It did Work with my lens. 

Greetings and succes.

dr bob. 

The last thing I'd try is to carefully clean contacts on lens.

Indeed it's very bad experience. All numerous Fuji cameras/lens I purchased new or used worked flawlessly. It's strange to see lens fails after just 4 days of use.

Typically if there are any defects in electronics/mechanics it unveils during first couple weeks of use.

I'd return camera to seller to deal with issue, or alternatively just send lens to Fuji Service for investigation and repair.