Competition Compared: Sony a6400 vs Fujifilm X-T20 vs Fujifilm X-T3 vs Sony a6500 vs Fujifilm X-T30

Fuji X Rumors

Sony A6400 Sony announced the Sony A6400, which, given its price and features, we can consider the Fujifilm X-T30 competitor. The Fujifilm X-T30 will be announced February 14. At the bottom of this article you can find a specs sheet…

The post Competition Compared: Sony a6400 vs Fujifilm X-T20 vs Fujifilm X-T3 vs Sony a6500 vs Fujifilm X-T30 appeared first on Fuji Rumors.

Full Article on Fuji Rumors

So we konow now that A6400 (vs X-T30) will probably have better AF-C/Face/Eye and probably much better EVF (x70 vs x62). These 2 are quite important differences.

But what about video? A6400 has Hybrid Log-Gamma, S-Log2 and S-Log3, Zebra, Gamma Display and Full HD 120 fps at up to 100 Mbps!

Will X-T30 offers them, at least F-log, FHD 120p and Zebra?

If not it will be in 2019 waste of money.

The problem  is if AF Fuji is ready for the competition with sony . It is only a problem of processing or it is possible modify AF fuji with another firmware? In every case shall we see a X-t30 with same Af like sony A6400?

Edited by bergat

Thanks.

I am affraid Fuji is not ready now to compete with Sony AF-C/Eye performance though can make some improvements that we will probably see soon via firmware update. Processing power can't be the only reason because X-T3 has it but its AF-C/Eye performace seems far behind A6400. I suspect Fuji will not change EVF in X-T30 so there will be same tiny EVF with short eye point and x62 magnification. What bothers me more is what video features X-T30 will get ? I do not think we will se 4K60p, rather 4K30p but if it does not have F-Log and FHD 120p slow motion it will be trully unimpressive Fuji camera in 2019 - for video and stills.  

I have no interest for video, and to buy sony A6400 would tell me I have to buy again new lenses. If the body of X-t3 should cost less than 1.000 euro, probabily in  this year I shall buy it and and in 2020 the new H-X2, that i hope it will be with AF equal of sony

Edited by bergat