Michiel Maandag

PC Sync Terminal Cover / Cap

Hi!

I, unfortunately, lost my PC Sync Terminal Cover.

Fuji is selling spare parts for the XT3 in a 10EUR CVR-XT3 kit (includes many other things) but I just need to cover...
Does anyone has a link / place where I can get the cover for less than 10EUR :):)

Many thanks in advance!

Michiel 

Hi - I just searched: "pc sync terminal fuji" and several options came back.  Depends on your country which is the best option.  Mine had a clear picture of a cover which matched the Fuji design, not the Nikon version which would probably still work but looks slightly different.

IMHO, this "feature" of having the PC Sync Terminal on all the new cameras is a royal PITA.  Always falling off, lessening the weather resistance even if they stay on for a while.  I guess there are some studio photographers using such connections, but they're probably shooting Hasselblads and Phase Ones.  I am tempted to glue one on, but that probably would ruin resale- may do it anyway.

I bought a bag of 10 Nikon sync terminal covers very cheaply on ebay several years ago: they fit fine on the XT/XH cameras. (I think the dealer was in China.)

1 minute ago, dfaye said:

I bought a bag of 10 Nikon sync terminal covers very cheaply on ebay several years ago: they fit fine on the XT/XH cameras. (I think the dealer was in China.)

Thank you ! I did not find any XT3 specific ones on eBay, but good to know that the Nikon ones work fine too. I will check it out.