Shutterspeed not changing in manual with mechanical shutter

Just got a 2nd hand Xpro2 and I'm having the strangest issue. When I'm filming in full manual with a  mechanical shutter the exposure doesn't change if I set it at 1/8000 SS down to 1/50 SS. If I switch to electronic then the exposure works correctly but I want to use the mechanical shutter to avoid rolling shutter. I also don't hear any noise when using the mechanical shutter. I read the manual and I'm still stumped. I reset the settings to default, changed the display brightness, and turned on an off preview Exp./wb in manual mode and it's still doing the same thing. 

I'm worried that the mechanical shutter curtain is stuck open and I was sold a lemon but I'm not getting the "turn the camera on and off" error.

This is my first Fujifilm camera and when I tested it out, I didn't realize it was in electronic shutter mode because of the digital ES noise >.<

• 1 month later...

If it works correctly in automatic with mechanical shutter then the shutter is fine but the shutter control settings are not coming through. That's a software/firmware issue.

Try a complete reset - else send it in so Fuji can reprogram it - flashing will probably not fix it - unless the update has a specific fix for this issue it probably will not rewrite these functions.