Winter Landscapes

George_P

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must have been photographed a million times, it is from the Sass Pordoi (2950m).

Edited by George_P

The road below is the Passo Pordoi (2239m). This photo, as well as the others from the Dolomites, is from last March.

Heavily off-topic: I climbed it by bike last July (3x), also the Sella (2244m), Gardena (2121m), Campolongo (1875m), Giau (2236m), Falzarego (2105m), Valparola (2192m).

16 minutes ago, merlin said:

Impressive, to say the least!

Merlin, it may seem so to you, if you do not do this kind of thing. But the roads there are full of cyclists in the summer. There is more money in the bikes on the road than in the cars. 🙂 My ride certainly was not impressive, I was one of the slowest. I had a complicated year last year. In March, skiing there, I had an accident while helping the son of our friends who has Asperger's Syndrome. I had an operation on my knee in April, I had to wear a fixed orthesis and walk on crutches till end of May. I could start cycling only after it went off. I had to put my sadle as high as possible at first, because I could not bend my knee properly etc. So in July, I was not in good shape at all. But we were so delighted with the area that we wanted to go back, so my wife and my sons did hiking, with some friends of ours, and I worked on my bike to get my knee back into shape. 

Edited by George_P

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Upper right corner: Marmolada (3343m)

15 minutes ago, merlin said:

Marvelous photographs of aamazing Nature scenes, George!

Well, I just pressed a button on an amazing little camera 🙂 and I was lucky to be in the most photographed mountains in Europe (which they obviously are for good reason). Thanks, Merlin. It is great to see your shots from New Mexico. I will most probably never get to go there to see it for myself.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

5 hours ago, merlin said:

You are the shiznit, George!

Are you teaching me English again, Merlin ? I lichens it  🙂. And I am glad you didn’t leave out the “the” 😀 . You are very kind as usual, but it was a day with glorious weather in a beautiful location, so I was more lucky than anything else. Thanks a lot, cheers !

2 hours ago, George_P said:

Are you teaching me English again, Merlin ? I lichens it  🙂. And I am glad you didn’t leave out the “the” 😀 . You are very kind as usual, but it was a day with glorious weather in a beautiful location, so I was more lucky than anything else. Thanks a lot, cheers !

I hope you keep on making the moss of your good luck. :)

These are fantastic photos!

You already know the grand scheme of things: an obscenely beautiful landscape, gorgeous weather and a clueless lucky tourist hastily snapping away quick shots on a family holiday. But I will post a few more, I reckon it would be wrong not to share the incredible beauty of these mountains.

The Sella Towers.

Edited by George_P

On 2/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, George_P said:

Good one. Btw, is moss edible ? My son called me a goat today.
(When I caught him, he said cool down Dad, that means "Greatest of All Things":).

Weeeeeelllll, I do not recommend making them part of a complete, nutritious breakfast, but yeah they are edible.

This site has a recipe for Icelandic Lichen Flatbread.

http://www.eattheweeds.com/edible-cladonia-whats-not-to-lichen-2/