Jump to content

Winter Landscapes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open Topic. Let us combat the global warming. This one seems fit for a PF2019 greeting. PF2019 everyone !  

The distant high peak is Monte Antelao (3264m), further to the right (invisible) is Marmolada (3343m). I rather like this one. Looks like a nicely peaceful scene, but if you want to see what the

Posted Images

23 hours ago, George_P said:

Do not worry Jerryy, chasing our sons keeps me warm all right. But you ought to dip your feet in some snow (nudge). I know you are the king of Fall Pictures, but the fall season is over ! This is an open topic ! 😎

I knew, I just KNEW when I posted that thought, it would come back and get me! :)

Right now, where I am at, we have more of this:

2019-_DSF7502-900.jpg.269cac95c59658aa7dd63132912a035e.jpg

 

than this:

 

2016-_DSF6236-a-900.jpg.286c5956172535c3e80f78f8ce4a461f.jpg

but you are right, I accept the challenge!

As soon as feasible I will out there trying to get some good ones that have snow. In the mean time I still have some more Fall Color shots :)

Edited by jerryy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, merlin said:

What is the name of the mountain range, George.  Excellent photographs, as usual!

Thanks, Merlin, you are kind. I switched quietly from the Alps to the Dolomites. This is the Sella Ronda area. The shots are not as good as they ought to be for the beautiful scenery - I had no polariser or GND filter with me, I was in a hurry with the others always waiting for me etc. These are just quick tourist-like shots with the X-T10. Some are from quite high up and so there is a lot of blue cast on them. I am going there again in March and I hope for good weather again.

 

DSCF3216_sRGB.jpg

Edited by George_P
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George_P said:

Thanks, Merlin, you are kind. I switched quietly from the Alps to the Dolomites. This is the Sella Ronda area. The shots are not as good as they ought to be for the beautiful scenery - I had no polariser or GND filter with me, I was in a hurry with the others always waiting for me etc. These are just quick tourist-like shots with the X-T10. Some are from quite high up and so there is a lot of blue cast on them. I am going there again in March and I hope for good weather again.

 

DSCF3216_sRGB.jpg

It does not take too very long to get rid of the blue cast on the mountains while keeping the nice sky blue as it is. If you are in a position to have the time that is ...

But these are great shots AS IS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, jerryy said:

It does not take too very long to get rid of the blue cast on the mountains while keeping the nice sky blue as it is. If you are in a position to have the time that is ...

But these are great shots AS IS!

Hullo Jerryy, sorry for the delayed response, I was away. Thanks for the kind comment. Yes, I did play with the shots a little, I darkened and/or slightly desaturated the sky on some, I took down some of the blue cast on the lower part on some etc. On that particular shot the sky is dull, greyish (on the contrary to most of the others where it is very blue and very saturated) and the lower part quickly starts to look like b/w if I take away too much of the blue. There are almost no other colours in it except blue. But if you look at the sooc here - it was against the light and through a thin cloud - I was surprised how much I was able to yield from it anyway, the blundering clueless amateur that I am. The latitude of the Fuji raws is great and C1 also.

I will post some more shots later on, I have to go now. Cheers, all the best.

Edited by George_P
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, George_P said:

Hullo Jerryy, sorry for the delayed response, I was away. Thanks for the kind comment. Yes, I did play with the shots a little, I darkened and/or slightly desaturated the sky on some, I took down some of the blue cast on the lower part on some etc. On that particular shot the sky is dull, greyish (on the contrary to most of the others where it is very blue and very saturated) and the lower part quickly starts to look like b/w if I take away too much of the blue. There are almost no other colours in it except blue. But if you look at the sooc here - it was against the light and through a thin cloud - I was surprised how much I was able to yield from it anyway, the blundering clueless amateur that I am. The latitude of the Fuji raws is great and C1 also.

I will post some more shots later on, I have to go now. Cheers, all the best.

"blundering clueless amateur" huh? Yeah sure. We should all be so inept! 😀

Those types of color casts are really a photo-by-photo decision ... we go out of our way to be at a place at just the right time (golden hour) specifically to get those photos that have a color cast. Then turn around and spend lots of time trying to make certain other photos are properly white/grey balanced. I thought the afternoon light you had turned out fine.

 

Edited by jerryy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Posts

    • Hi,i am looking for some useful video editing software, i hear about the TunesKit Acemovi and Adobe Premier is good,but i am not sure which one is suitable for me,i just need to do something simple like crop,trim,add text,audio,transition,animation.Can you give me some adivice? Here is a vision of a large selection of video editing softwares https://www.xp-pen.com/forum-1595.html Don’t forget that most of the time you can try them free for a while    
    • Fan of X-Trans since P&S days Is RGB or RGGB better mosaics than Fujifilm's GBGGRGRB? How many bits of dynamic range and how few fractions of arc-seconds of resolution are needed for the more common pixel mosaics versus the more complicated X-Trans? Moire decreases with pixel size but photopic luminance for color channels and spacial frequency still matters. Debate, now, for your favorite mosaic!
    • Did you say iPhone? Their external mics usually have 4-conductor cables, which aren't directly compatible with anything else. Try an adapter with 3 conductors.
    • Welcome to  our forum! But I don't see an attached photo.
    • Greetings, Although my friends say I take good photos with my smart phone (Samsung S9+), I have forever wanted to learn the ropes of photography and finally pulled the trigger on a camera I think I can grow with, the X-T4. I'm mostly interested in still nature shots although I do enjoy documenting the dark crevices of a city from time to time. I'm looking forward to learning how to use my camera manually and will enjoy the insights in this forum. Attached is a beach photo I took with my phone. Dale
×
×
  • Create New...