George_P

Winter Landscapes

23 hours ago, George_P said:

Do not worry Jerryy, chasing our sons keeps me warm all right. But you ought to dip your feet in some snow (nudge). I know you are the king of Fall Pictures, but the fall season is over ! This is an open topic ! 😎

I knew, I just KNEW when I posted that thought, it would come back and get me! :)

Right now, where I am at, we have more of this:

2019-_DSF7502-900.jpg.269cac95c59658aa7dd63132912a035e.jpg

than this:

2016-_DSF6236-a-900.jpg.286c5956172535c3e80f78f8ce4a461f.jpg

but you are right, I accept the challenge!

As soon as feasible I will out there trying to get some good ones that have snow. In the mean time I still have some more Fall Color shots :)

Edited by jerryy

More snow already this winter than in the past 20 years!  But with the steep and curvy mountain roads, we are limited to nearby walks and not so many excellent photographic opportunities, unlike your amazing mountain shots.

XT2F4713_lzn-X3.jpg

XT2F4706_lzn-X3.jpg

Edited by merlin

2 minutes ago, jerryy said:

Blizzards to the east of me,

Snowstorms to the west,

Yet here I am stuck in the middle with rain. :)

Serves you right ! No, just joking. Stay nice and dry and look for some older ones to post. That will do nicely.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, merlin said:

What is the name of the mountain range, George.  Excellent photographs, as usual!

Thanks, Merlin, you are kind. I switched quietly from the Alps to the Dolomites. This is the Sella Ronda area. The shots are not as good as they ought to be for the beautiful scenery - I had no polariser or GND filter with me, I was in a hurry with the others always waiting for me etc. These are just quick tourist-like shots with the X-T10. Some are from quite high up and so there is a lot of blue cast on them. I am going there again in March and I hope for good weather again.

DSCF3216_sRGB.jpg

Edited by George_P

2 hours ago, George_P said:

Thanks, Merlin, you are kind. I switched quietly from the Alps to the Dolomites. This is the Sella Ronda area. The shots are not as good as they ought to be for the beautiful scenery - I had no polariser or GND filter with me, I was in a hurry with the others always waiting for me etc. These are just quick tourist-like shots with the X-T10. Some are from quite high up and so there is a lot of blue cast on them. I am going there again in March and I hope for good weather again.

DSCF3216_sRGB.jpg

It does not take too very long to get rid of the blue cast on the mountains while keeping the nice sky blue as it is. If you are in a position to have the time that is ...

But these are great shots AS IS!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:27 AM, jerryy said:

It does not take too very long to get rid of the blue cast on the mountains while keeping the nice sky blue as it is. If you are in a position to have the time that is ...

But these are great shots AS IS!

Hullo Jerryy, sorry for the delayed response, I was away. Thanks for the kind comment. Yes, I did play with the shots a little, I darkened and/or slightly desaturated the sky on some, I took down some of the blue cast on the lower part on some etc. On that particular shot the sky is dull, greyish (on the contrary to most of the others where it is very blue and very saturated) and the lower part quickly starts to look like b/w if I take away too much of the blue. There are almost no other colours in it except blue. But if you look at the sooc here - it was against the light and through a thin cloud - I was surprised how much I was able to yield from it anyway, the blundering clueless amateur that I am. The latitude of the Fuji raws is great and C1 also.

I will post some more shots later on, I have to go now. Cheers, all the best.

Edited by George_P

12 hours ago, George_P said:

Hullo Jerryy, sorry for the delayed response, I was away. Thanks for the kind comment. Yes, I did play with the shots a little, I darkened and/or slightly desaturated the sky on some, I took down some of the blue cast on the lower part on some etc. On that particular shot the sky is dull, greyish (on the contrary to most of the others where it is very blue and very saturated) and the lower part quickly starts to look like b/w if I take away too much of the blue. There are almost no other colours in it except blue. But if you look at the sooc here - it was against the light and through a thin cloud - I was surprised how much I was able to yield from it anyway, the blundering clueless amateur that I am. The latitude of the Fuji raws is great and C1 also.

I will post some more shots later on, I have to go now. Cheers, all the best.

"blundering clueless amateur" huh? Yeah sure. We should all be so inept! 😀

Those types of color casts are really a photo-by-photo decision ... we go out of our way to be at a place at just the right time (golden hour) specifically to get those photos that have a color cast. Then turn around and spend lots of time trying to make certain other photos are properly white/grey balanced. I thought the afternoon light you had turned out fine.

Edited by jerryy