Daily Photoblog Challenge (AKA 365 Project)

Trenton Talbot

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

X-T1, XF14mm, colored flash, SOOC

Daily photoblogging is an excellent way to make your creative juices flowing. Here are the rules:

1. One blog post containing one photograph, published every day. It’s easier than it seems, there are many mobile clients out there, you can literally post from anywhere.
  2. The photograph should be taken on the same day as it is published. For me personally, this is the biggest challenge of all, because…
  3. Photographs created on paid assignments are forbidden. That’s the whole point of this challenge, actually – capturing something other than your regular body of work. Great way to boost your creativity and evolve as a photographer!
  4. No digital alternations. Color and density corrections are okay, but thou shalt not damage the reality. Some techniques (HDR, star trails, bokehramas, panoramas, etc) require heavy post processing, and it’s okay too, as long as it’s an integral part of the technique itself. No, you cannot make that fat man slim in Photoshop. And removing that building from the otherwise perfect landscape are verboten, too.
  5. All photographs should be created with Fuji X system, of course.

My new daily photoblog can be found here (at the moment, just one week worth of posts). In the first post you can find links to resources that might serve as your own daily photoblogging platform…

That's right, I challenge you to JOIN!  :D

Post links to your own daily photoblogs on this thread. Not photos, just links to your "daily challenge" blogs.

Reads like a legal contract.

Just like any game rules. Otherwise, what's the point? I've seen a lot of "daily photoblogs" turned into mundane display of archived portfolio pieces or so photoshopped that they could easily be mistaken for a mirror of deviantart.com. The whole point of daily photoblogging, as I see it, is to challenge yourself every single day.

For rule #5, is using an X-System camera enough? I tend to use old manual focus lenses sometimes for the whole day.

Double posts on the blog for the days we miss?

Does taking photographs of photographs (e.g. digitizing slides with a macro lens) count?

Is there a maximum number of days that can consecutively feature the cat, dog, horse and/or view from my window?

Whatever, 'cause this challenge is incentive enough to get my old website going again.

For rule #5, is using an X-System camera enough? I tend to use old manual focus lenses sometimes for the whole day.

Of course. Pinholes are allowed, too  :D

Double posts on the blog for the days we miss?

Sure, stuff happens. Just make sure that it doesn't happen very often.

Does taking photographs of photographs (e.g. digitizing slides with a macro lens) count?

Nope, unless you've shot something on film, developed that film on the same day and then digitized it.

Is there a maximum number of days that can consecutively feature the cat, dog, horse and/or view from my window?

There's no such limit. Better yet: diverse blogs usually attract much less audience than the blogs that have a common theme. If you care about audience building, of course (personally, I don't).

Whatever, 'cause this challenge is incentive enough to get my old website going again.

Yay! Please share your site's URI here when you start posting  :D

Hi Trenton,

I like your pictures on your daily photo blog. BTW, making it a blog about Margarete's jumps wouldn't be the worst idea you could have.

As I have never published any pictures so far it seems a too difficult task for me start with a daily blog. But I will enjoy to follow your work.

I like your pictures on your daily photo blog. BTW, making it a blog about Margarete's jumps wouldn't be the worst idea you could have.

As I have never published any pictures so far it seems a too difficult task for me start with a daily blog. But I will enjoy to follow your work.

Thanks Jürgen! It's a bit backwards actually: first, Margaret started her "Daily Jump" challenge on Instagram, but despite being a professional photographer in her own right, promptly resorted to my help. I don't mind it at all – as a matter of fact, this is a great way to train for creating the poster shots for Bar Mitzvah kids… but my Daily blog is not entirely about Margaret's jumps  :D

As a matter of fact, back in my old Daily project, it was more about my backyard wildlife, so right now I have a crowd chanting "Birds! Birds!"…

But now it usually goes like this: "What did I shoot today worth posting? A few cityscapes, some street crap, a crow, a cloud reflecting in a puddle, and a beautiful girl jumping like there's no tomorrow, lit by the colored strobes…"

The latter usually wins  ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...