X-T2 problem with Focus Priority - pictures are taken even though there is no focus

PiKa

Focus Priority only applies while AF is actively running. Since you've removed AF from the shutter button, pressing the shutter button doesn't make it run. If you're using back-button focusing (AF-ON), it's only running while you're still pressing the button.

And, as Greybeard alludes to, if you have AF+MF turned on, the AF quits running as soon as it's done trying to focus, so Focus Priority is non-functional with AF+MF.

11 hours ago, Greybeard said:

What is your AF+MF setting (under the AF menu)?

It's OFF. Changing it to ON does not change anything.

14 minutes ago, Doug Pardee said:

Focus Priority only applies while AF is actively running. Since you've removed AF from the shutter button, pressing the shutter button doesn't make it run. If you're using back-button focusing (AF-ON), it's only running while you're still pressing the button.

And, as Greybeard alludes to, if you have AF+MF turned on, the AF quits running as soon as it's done trying to focus, so Focus Priority is non-functional with AF+MF.

I see. Indeed, with Shutter AF OFF the Focus Priority does not work. With Shutter AF ON (the default) the Focus Priority works correctly (picture is not taken with no focus).

It's not documented but I suppose it's the intended behavior?

That's a bummer, I thought I could use it for "focus trap". 

Added: do you think it would be a problem if Focus Priority simply didn't take pictures if there's not focus, does not matter what are the other settings?

Edited by PiKa

• 4 months later...