X-T3 USB-C File Transfer

typeronin

Has anyone tried plugging the X-T3 directly into a smartphone via USB C cable? Trying to see if I can transfer files from the SD cards in camera to a external hard drive with my phone via a USB-C hub.

Actually, has anyone tried to plug a hard drive into the camera to see what happens?

Speaking of which, does the USB-C port support Power Delivery? Has anyone tried with a PD power bank or charger to see if the batteries charge quicker?

Edited by typeronin

• 1 year later...

Just wondering. Has anyone managed to figure this out? Like others, the Fujifilm Android app doesn't always work when you need it to.

I have a Fujifilm X-T30 and a Samsung Note 10+ phone.

Here's what I've tried (none of these worked for me):

- Anker USB-C to USB-C cable

- USB-C to USB-C OTG adapter (Samsung bundles these with their phones) with an Anker USB-C to USB-A cable. Tried this plugged into the phone and also with the camera.

I think the cables are OK - they can transfer data to my PC.

On the phone, Data transfer over USB was enabled. However, the phone was unable to detect that the SD card in the camera. I think the phone is OK, because it can detect SD cards when plugged in with other devices other than the Fuji X-T30.

The last resort I can think of is a USB-C SD card reader. I've seen a few out portable options  (e.g. Ugreen on Amazon is just a USB drive with slots). But taking the SD card in/out while you're on the go may not always be an ideal situation.

• 2 weeks later...