Noise Levels with X-T3 with High ISOs in Low Light

ericdraven

Fujifilm X-T3

Noise Levels with X-T3 with High ISOs in Low Light

Just wondering for people that had the X-T2 and Upgraded to the X-T3 and their opinions of the Image Quality with RAW Files...

My findings is the the Images have more noise on the X-T3...

Love the X-T3 - Upgraded from the X-T2

But is Anyone Else Noticing More Noise in their Images on their X-T3 Especially in Low Light Shooting?
Noise Level starts from 3200 ISO and up...

It seems that the noise is more amplified on the X-T3 than the X-T2.

I shoot in low light live dance performances which is not easy but it looks like the X-H1 handles low light much better than the X-T3.

Sometimes I wondering if it's me or the camera...

Though I've done a couple of shoots with the X-T3 with same results of high level of noise ever since I got the camera on release day and never got the high noise levels from the X-T2 and the X-H1 performs better in low light than the X-T3...

Depends on the acceptance of the level of noise from person to person I guess...

I own both XT-2 & 3 as well.  I have come to the same conclusion.  I have set the two cameras aside for special purposes.  The XT-3 is my go to camera being outstanding for Sports & Wildlife.  That Auto-focus is insane and just does wonders on unpredictable subjects.  I also prefer the XT-3 in good light for landscape and such, but when I know the light may be questionable out comes the XT-2.  At ISO 3200 or less the XT-3 does fine, but the XT-2 can easily go to 6400 and I've even had success at 12800.  So it's the XT-2 for low light and the XT-3 for everything else.

• 1 month later...

I also agree. While not a huge issue, it does present a problem when the shooting conditions are dark and the subjects are moving, because the 3 focuses better but has more noticeable noise than the 2. 

As someone who switched to Fuji for primarily JPEG shooting, it's a little disappointing to have to fix this in post.