SD card speed

You don't specify which camera and which settings you are using however this sounds like some other problem rather than card speed - a continuous burst will fill the buffer before it throttles because of card write speed and that should be more that 2 or 3 shots. The X-PRO2 supports UHS-II so you could try one of the recommended faster UHS-II cards such as the SanDisk Extreme Pro 300MB/sec or the Sony G series - faster for bursts but only once the buffer has filled.

Thanks

I'm working to figure this out. Funny these cards are faster enough in my Nikons just slow in my X Pro-2. I've done a reset of the shooting settings, but something's still eluding me. I love the Fuji for its size and weight. but the menu is clear as mud.

I've spent 10 of years with Nikon hardware and only 2-3 with Fuji so the intricacies of the Fuji menu leave me in the dust.

To help I've ordered a pair of faster SDs, Lexar 64 GB/1000X, for the Fuji - should help. Now I need to dig into the menu to see what the bleep is going on.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:38 AM, Chucktin said:

Thanks

I'm working to figure this out. Funny these cards are faster enough in my Nikons just slow in my X Pro-2. I've done a reset of the shooting settings, but something's still eluding me. I love the Fuji for its size and weight. but the menu is clear as mud.

I've spent 10 of years with Nikon hardware and only 2-3 with Fuji so the intricacies of the Fuji menu leave me in the dust.

To help I've ordered a pair of faster SDs, Lexar 64 GB/1000X, for the Fuji - should help. Now I need to dig into the menu to see what the bleep is going on.

I have 2 of these Lexar uhs-II 1000x and they are slower than Sandisk uhs-I v30; prove them on both x-t1 and now on x-t2. I did not do a technical test, just normal usage test and i get slower write-in with the Lexar. Lexar and Sandisk uhs-II 300mb are both so expensive and not worth the expense for me for just still photos.

• 3 months later...

The free ATTO disk benchmark can test you cards but your computers card-reader will influence the speed if it is not fast enough or not USB 3 - however it will still give you a good indication of card health: https://www.atto.com/disk-benchmark/

Write speed is usually not given because they are often a lot lower than the useless read speed.