Looking for a remote continuous shooting solution

OliverG

Hi,
I'm looking to set-off some continuous shooting from my X-T2 remotely. The mobile app only seems to allow single shots even if the camera is set in CH or CL mode.

Basically the shot I want to get is with the camera attached to the end of a long pole, in snowy conditions, so if I can find a solution that doesn't need any of the rubber flaps open (plugging in wires) that would be great. I was wondering if any triggers fixed the the flash shoe could do the job?

Thanks a lot for the help!

I have just bought the Hahnel Captur Remote Trigger for my X-T2 which I think will do exactly what you want. In addition I’ve bought the add-on Pro Module so I can try some creative work with laser triggering and a host of other features. As the unit has just arrived I can’t give any test results yet. 

Great thanks. The continuous shooting seems indeed to be one of it's characteristics! Let me know when you've had time to try them out.

I guess there really is no solution where the hot shoe serves as a direct command for the camera? I mean, you always need a cable to connect the receiver to the camera right?

The best plan for me, I guess, would be to have an App like the Fuji Camera Remote App, that juste allows continuous shooting. Anyone heard of something like that? Or should we just ask Fuji to get that option added to the current app? 😀

Hello OliverG,

I use Yongnuo 603c2   triggers for the very same reason.  Affix one to the camera hot shoe and plug it to the camera with 2.5mm connect.  Use an identical trigger in your hand with both set to TRX.  It will for sure shoot CH.  Triggers are cheap too, just got 2 more on Ebay for 23 bucks.

Edited by SisterPixel