Jacobwyatt

Xe3 eye sensor locked on EVF

I've recently purchased a 2nd hand XE3. I'm having problems with switching between the LCD and EVF; the eye sensor mode which should automatically switch between them is just staying locked on the EVF. Has anyone else had this problem? 

I've tried doing a reset, and the eye sensor mode starts on the LCD, but then locks on the EVF from the first time I put my eye up to the viewfinder. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The first thing I'd check is whether the View Mode button is working properly. With the camera turned on, it should cycle between Eye Sensor,  LCD Only,  EVF Only + Eye Sensor,  and Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display with each press of the button. (It's easiest to check this with your eye to the EVF.) When it is set on Eye Sensor you should get the automatic switching that you want. If you don't, then it does sound as though there's some defect. 

I am having the same issue. The camera is first hand. After about 10 months the LCD - EVF did not switch anymore. It stays fixed in EVF. Surprisingly I am still use the touchscreen but have to look through the EVF to see my controls. This is very annoying. the manual confirms that both should switch automatically. 

Had anyone found a solution to this problem?